No way to revisit Fathamurk?
-
MyGameCompany
- Officer [Platinum Rank]
![Officer [Platinum Rank] Officer [Platinum Rank]](./images/ranks/officer4.png)
- Posts: 524
- Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
- Location: Michigan
No way to revisit Fathamurk?
I finally got my Rogue leveled up enough to venture into Fathamurk, and I finished it tonight. I left a lot of valuable but heavy goodies in there that I couldn't carry. I'd like to go back and get them, but gate is still closed and the teleporter doesn't take me back. Is there no way to get back into Fathamurk?? 
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
-
MyGameCompany
- Officer [Platinum Rank]
![Officer [Platinum Rank] Officer [Platinum Rank]](./images/ranks/officer4.png)
- Posts: 524
- Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
- Location: Michigan
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
Hello...?
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
-
BasiliskWrangler
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3899
- Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
- Location: The Grid
- Contact:
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
That is correct- Fathamurk is a one-time trip. I thought about it a lot- whether I should allow players to revisit the area after they clear it out, and ultimately I decided against it.
If you have a saved position back in Fathamurk, just reload and dump anything in your inventory that is replacable, then haul out everything you can!
Or, if you really must, use a saved-game editor and move yourself past the fallen portcullis near the start of Fathamurk.
If you have a saved position back in Fathamurk, just reload and dump anything in your inventory that is replacable, then haul out everything you can!
Or, if you really must, use a saved-game editor and move yourself past the fallen portcullis near the start of Fathamurk.
-
MyGameCompany
- Officer [Platinum Rank]
![Officer [Platinum Rank] Officer [Platinum Rank]](./images/ranks/officer4.png)
- Posts: 524
- Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
- Location: Michigan
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
Bummer!
Thanks for the reply BW! Next time I'll have to carry a couple of rings of strength in there with me... and maybe a few potions of Ogre Strength!
Thanks for the reply BW! Next time I'll have to carry a couple of rings of strength in there with me... and maybe a few potions of Ogre Strength!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
-
Randomizer
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1469
- Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
- Location: Wandering the Rift
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
It still won't help. Most of the loot I found were really heavy greaves and some weapons that I will have trouble selling.
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
I actually thought about whether coming back to collect loot was going to work while I was in the cave. It sort of seemed that there was way too much valuable stuff lying around for a do-over to be allowed.
So, of course, even though I suspected no re-entry, I stashed the best stuff when I was hauling dynamite kegs over to the golem's area. And, even better, I forgot to go back and get the stuff before I exited. I just hate doing stupid things like that
So, of course, even though I suspected no re-entry, I stashed the best stuff when I was hauling dynamite kegs over to the golem's area. And, even better, I forgot to go back and get the stuff before I exited. I just hate doing stupid things like that
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
I was actually a bit disappointed with the loot in Fathamurk. True, all my run-throughs so far have been with end of the game characters, usually recalled from Tallushorn, but the loot was nothing special. I don't think I found a single thing better than what I was already using, and although there was way more than I could carry, I just optimized for value per pound.
I could see it being more of an issue if you do Fathamurk at lower level when the loot matters more.
I could see it being more of an issue if you do Fathamurk at lower level when the loot matters more.
-
MyGameCompany
- Officer [Platinum Rank]
![Officer [Platinum Rank] Officer [Platinum Rank]](./images/ranks/officer4.png)
- Posts: 524
- Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
- Location: Michigan
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
As a Ranger/Rogue, I tend to stick to the lightweight armor so it doesn't weigh me down. I was delighted to find a number of pieces that were high armor value and lightweight. Maybe I just got lucky with the random treasure generation. Of course, I also found a number of 20+ pound pieces that I just couldn't carry.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
-
Dragonlady
- Illustrious

- Posts: 1466
- Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
- Location: CA, USA or Knumythia
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
Same here. And I forgot about Ogre Strength! Grrr, slaps forehead.MyGameCompany wrote:As a Ranger/Rogue, I tend to stick to the lightweight armor so it doesn't weigh me down. I was delighted to find a number of pieces that were high armor value and lightweight. Maybe I just got lucky with the random treasure generation. Of course, I also found a number of 20+ pound pieces that I just couldn't carry.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
-
MyGameCompany
- Officer [Platinum Rank]
![Officer [Platinum Rank] Officer [Platinum Rank]](./images/ranks/officer4.png)
- Posts: 524
- Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
- Location: Michigan
Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?
You're not the only one! hehDragonlady wrote:Same here. And I forgot about Ogre Strength! Grrr, slaps forehead.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland