No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 524
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
Location: Michigan

No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by MyGameCompany »

I finally got my Rogue leveled up enough to venture into Fathamurk, and I finished it tonight. I left a lot of valuable but heavy goodies in there that I couldn't carry. I'd like to go back and get them, but gate is still closed and the teleporter doesn't take me back. Is there no way to get back into Fathamurk?? :(
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
User avatar
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 524
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by MyGameCompany »

Hello...?
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3899
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

That is correct- Fathamurk is a one-time trip. I thought about it a lot- whether I should allow players to revisit the area after they clear it out, and ultimately I decided against it.

If you have a saved position back in Fathamurk, just reload and dump anything in your inventory that is replacable, then haul out everything you can! :D

Or, if you really must, use a saved-game editor and move yourself past the fallen portcullis near the start of Fathamurk.
User avatar
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 524
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by MyGameCompany »

Bummer! :(

Thanks for the reply BW! Next time I'll have to carry a couple of rings of strength in there with me... and maybe a few potions of Ogre Strength!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1469
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
Location: Wandering the Rift

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by Randomizer »

It still won't help. Most of the loot I found were really heavy greaves and some weapons that I will have trouble selling.
User avatar
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 811
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by Painted Lady »

I actually thought about whether coming back to collect loot was going to work while I was in the cave. It sort of seemed that there was way too much valuable stuff lying around for a do-over to be allowed.

So, of course, even though I suspected no re-entry, I stashed the best stuff when I was hauling dynamite kegs over to the golem's area. And, even better, I forgot to go back and get the stuff before I exited. I just hate doing stupid things like that :cry:
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by SpottedShroom »

I was actually a bit disappointed with the loot in Fathamurk. True, all my run-throughs so far have been with end of the game characters, usually recalled from Tallushorn, but the loot was nothing special. I don't think I found a single thing better than what I was already using, and although there was way more than I could carry, I just optimized for value per pound.

I could see it being more of an issue if you do Fathamurk at lower level when the loot matters more.
User avatar
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 524
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by MyGameCompany »

As a Ranger/Rogue, I tend to stick to the lightweight armor so it doesn't weigh me down. I was delighted to find a number of pieces that were high armor value and lightweight. Maybe I just got lucky with the random treasure generation. Of course, I also found a number of 20+ pound pieces that I just couldn't carry.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by Dragonlady »

MyGameCompany wrote:As a Ranger/Rogue, I tend to stick to the lightweight armor so it doesn't weigh me down. I was delighted to find a number of pieces that were high armor value and lightweight. Maybe I just got lucky with the random treasure generation. Of course, I also found a number of 20+ pound pieces that I just couldn't carry.
Same here. And I forgot about Ogre Strength! Grrr, slaps forehead. :(
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
User avatar
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 524
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Post by MyGameCompany »

Dragonlady wrote:Same here. And I forgot about Ogre Strength! Grrr, slaps forehead. :(
You're not the only one! heh
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Post Reply