Max Damage in Red?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
Navigator
Pledge
Posts: 4
Joined: August 7th, 2010, 3:13 pm
Location: Greenwood, MS

Max Damage in Red?

Post by Navigator »

When I look at my character's stats, I see that my max damage is red. What does this mean? I have no debuffs on my character and I'm fully rested up. However, I can't figure out why my max damage shows in red. Help!
User avatar
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 777
Joined: August 21st, 2008, 2:54 pm

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by xolotl »

That's typically because your weapon is damaged to the point where it's losing effectiveness. Get it repaired (or switch to a less-damaged weapon) and you should see that redness go away.

Edit: Bah, beaten out!
Last edited by xolotl on August 8th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Navigator
Pledge
Posts: 4
Joined: August 7th, 2010, 3:13 pm
Location: Greenwood, MS

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by Navigator »

Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1469
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
Location: Wandering the Rift

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by Randomizer »

Navigator wrote:Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
Actually once the weapon drops below poor quality it becomes weapon fragments and disappears. Same thing with armor pieces.
User avatar
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1078
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
Contact:

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by Evnissyen »

Navigator wrote:Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
Yeah, try to make sure, as often as possible, that your equipment is always as high quality as you can manage. Even a mildly damaged weapon reduces its effectiveness, and even barely damaged armor can reduce its effectiveness. Restoring a simple helmet from 95% to 100%, for example, can sometimes recover a lost AC point (which might or might not matter to you based on your level).

At least, this has been my experience.

I was surprised to discover this, myself, just how sensitive AC can be, sometimes. Until then I was thinking: wait until it's at 75% before fixing it.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
User avatar
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 811
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by Painted Lady »

I've pretty much started putting points into Repair within the first couple of Levels Up. It just saves so much aggravation (and money!).
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by Rowanas »

I made my way to Durnor immediately (after getting a writ) to buy the necessary levels
User avatar
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 811
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by Painted Lady »

Excellent idea :!:
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Max Damage in Red?

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:I made my way to Durnor immediately (after getting a writ) to buy the necessary levels
I did the same thing, with my current Mage character - it made no sense to waste Skill points on Repair for a non-weapon using Mage character, so as soon as I got to Everdale, I went the other direction and went straight through Raven's Gate to Durnore (dodging a couple of Snow Wolves along the way!) so I get buy a Level in Repair. :)
Post Reply