Max Damage in Red?
Max Damage in Red?
When I look at my character's stats, I see that my max damage is red. What does this mean? I have no debuffs on my character and I'm fully rested up. However, I can't figure out why my max damage shows in red. Help!
Re: Max Damage in Red?
That's typically because your weapon is damaged to the point where it's losing effectiveness. Get it repaired (or switch to a less-damaged weapon) and you should see that redness go away.
Edit: Bah, beaten out!
Edit: Bah, beaten out!
Last edited by xolotl on August 8th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
-
Randomizer
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1469
- Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
- Location: Wandering the Rift
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Actually once the weapon drops below poor quality it becomes weapon fragments and disappears. Same thing with armor pieces.Navigator wrote:Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Yeah, try to make sure, as often as possible, that your equipment is always as high quality as you can manage. Even a mildly damaged weapon reduces its effectiveness, and even barely damaged armor can reduce its effectiveness. Restoring a simple helmet from 95% to 100%, for example, can sometimes recover a lost AC point (which might or might not matter to you based on your level).Navigator wrote:Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
At least, this has been my experience.
I was surprised to discover this, myself, just how sensitive AC can be, sometimes. Until then I was thinking: wait until it's at 75% before fixing it.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: Max Damage in Red?
I've pretty much started putting points into Repair within the first couple of Levels Up. It just saves so much aggravation (and money!).
Re: Max Damage in Red?
I made my way to Durnor immediately (after getting a writ) to buy the necessary levels
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Excellent idea 
Re: Max Damage in Red?
I did the same thing, with my current Mage character - it made no sense to waste Skill points on Repair for a non-weapon using Mage character, so as soon as I got to Everdale, I went the other direction and went straight through Raven's Gate to Durnore (dodging a couple of Snow Wolves along the way!) so I get buy a Level in Repair.Rowanas wrote:I made my way to Durnor immediately (after getting a writ) to buy the necessary levels
