Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Is there an NPC who will train me in heavy armor? I'm playing a fighter who is still stuck with light armor at lev 12. Trying to avoid using skill points if possible. Have tons of gold, though.
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Gracias, amigo!
-
Bob the Thief
- Apprentice
- Posts: 35
- Joined: July 19th, 2010, 11:21 pm
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
There is a book that will give you some Heavy Armor levels. Forget what it's called.
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
It's called "A Soldier's Guide to Heavy Armour."
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Two other points:mph66 wrote:Is there an NPC who will train me in heavy armor? I'm playing a fighter who is still stuck with light armor at lev 12. Trying to avoid using skill points if possible. Have tons of gold, though.
Light armor isn't really any worse than heavy armor. You can get it in just as high an armor rating, and it weighs (and costs?) less.
Also, more than one level of an armor skill isn't all that helpful. More levels give you a higher chance to take half damage from attacks, but not enough of a chance to give you much protection.
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Light armor does wear down a bit faster than heavy armor, but that's a fairly minor point overall.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Actually, I think wearing Heavy Armor is usually a mistake. It takes so much strength just to haul the stuff around, and it doesn't necessarily provide more protection than Light Armor does.
That said, there is one quest which is simplified if you can wear the heavy stuff....
That said, there is one quest which is simplified if you can wear the heavy stuff....
-
Randomizer
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1469
- Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
- Location: Wandering the Rift
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Heavy armor can give you slightly higher base armor, especially in the gauntlets and belt. Most of the other pieces are within 1 armor level. Wear from damage is usually slower.
Weight is the biggest concern especially when looting Hammerlorne. Now can I do it in 3 trips or 6?
Weight is the biggest concern especially when looting Hammerlorne. Now can I do it in 3 trips or 6?
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
I use light armour for my head, boots and torso, because there's no difference there. As randomizer says, gauntlets and belts are the only places where it really makes a difference.
Re: Heavy Armor: Where to train?
Yeah, I'm sure some of us have some thoughts on how to "fix" Heavy Armor vs. Light Armor in Book III (I know I do!Rowanas wrote:I use light armour for my head, boots and torso, because there's no difference there. As randomizer says, gauntlets and belts are the only places where it really makes a difference.
