Darkford: missed my chance?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
krisklef
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: January 29th, 2008, 11:42 pm
Location: Tennessee

Darkford: missed my chance?

Post by krisklef »

So I got the note, found the gaurds by Darkford, and, like a fool, handed over the note. (I play a rather altruistic, naive role . . . .)

Am I screwed, or is there another way to get in? And if not, will there be repercussions for finishing the game? (I am about halfway through, gradually mowing down carniraptors and looking for something else to do.)

Thanks in advance for any advice
krisklef
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]
Posts: 350
Joined: December 14th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Post by acoustibop »

No, you can finish the game without the item you should have filched while you were in Darkford; it's just that you'll have to get into Crakamir the hard way, krisklef.

And, no, once you've used the note, you can't get into Darkford again.
krisklef
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: January 29th, 2008, 11:42 pm
Location: Tennessee

Post by krisklef »

Oh, pooh. Too bad, since I hate doing things the hard way, but I think I've been doing that with these uncountable carniraptors anyway. Thanks for the quick answer.
krisklef
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Posts: 293
Joined: November 30th, 2007, 10:58 am

Post by Necromis »

actually if you use the portal in the priests house on the map with border town that is an easy way in.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
krisklef
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: January 29th, 2008, 11:42 pm
Location: Tennessee

Post by krisklef »

Necro, thanks for that tip. It took me quite a few sessions to mentally reconnect that portal instructions note with the priest's house.

On a side note, I am loving the slight non-linearity in this game. I had already taken care of Vela and fulfilled the quest to my brother and Erebus before I got up the courage break into the Blackwater house and get to the Repository. It was interesting to discover the quest after I'd already fulfilled it. Hope there's something good in Darkford!
krisklef
Post Reply