Page 1 of 1

Spells in a Jar - woud have been nice to suggest last year

Posted: May 9th, 2013, 6:53 pm
by Agamemnon
I really wish I'd started playing Eschalon a couple of years ago, maybe then there would have been time before Book III comes out to make suggestions.

Anyhow, one thing I wish I could do would be to group spells together and cast them all together. Obviously one turn per spell in game time. I guess a spell list that I could put together myself and assign to a quick key.

What I mean is that I very often cast a buch of spells before going into battle, especially early in the game when I'm still weak, or when facing a mob of beasties.

e.g. in a dungeon or especially a night attack I'll normally do:
- torch off
then
- predator sight spell
- stone skin spell
- bless spell
- enchant weapon spell

and then hack and slay all about me with my favourite axe :)

If I have invisibility or at least chameleon, I'll use that too.

As I get stronger in weapons and magic my go-to list of pre-melee spells changes.

But then again I'm always getting into fights with stronger creatures.
I'm playing my first game through Book II and I'm facing death way too often. I think I need to go back the final 3 stops on the quick travel list and get stronger.

Or maybe I should just focus on a specialised character instead of the magical rogue axeman that my character is right now :)

I love this game!

Re: Spells in a Jar - woud have been nice to suggest last ye

Posted: May 10th, 2013, 5:41 pm
by Dragonlady
We love it too! :D

There are so many ways to play a character it keeps it interesting when you replay.