Page 1 of 1

Stunningly Beautiful Rift!

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 1:07 pm
by Buckets
Wow! Don't you find the rift just stunningly beautiful? I do, especially for a 2D game. I love walking along the edge... :mrgreen:

Re: Stunningly Beautiful Rift!

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 2:24 pm
by KillingMoon
The rift is a very nice touch. You don't want to be walking too close to the edge if you've got a fear of hights!
What's funny to notice is that the blood of those rift birds remains hanging in midair after being killed. :wink:
Buckets wrote:...stunningly beautiful...especially for a 2D game.
A lot of older games are 2D games and they were made with lesser means, or perhaps with lesser ambitions when it comes to visuals.
It's a shame that all of the modern big budget games are all 3D. Combining good artisanship, money and 2D could probably result in a fabulous looking game.
Actually, Eschalon is a fabulous looking game, except it does show here and there that the budget was limited.

Re: Stunningly Beautiful Rift!

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 2:35 pm
by Buckets
KillingMoon wrote:What's funny to notice is that the blood of those rift birds remains hanging in midair after being killed. :wink:
According to the support forum, I thought that bug was fixed in 1.03.

Re: Stunningly Beautiful Rift!

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 2:38 pm
by KillingMoon
Ah, I was probably still on 1.02 when I was there.