Stunningly Beautiful Rift!
Stunningly Beautiful Rift!
Wow! Don't you find the rift just stunningly beautiful? I do, especially for a 2D game. I love walking along the edge... 
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: Stunningly Beautiful Rift!
The rift is a very nice touch. You don't want to be walking too close to the edge if you've got a fear of hights!
What's funny to notice is that the blood of those rift birds remains hanging in midair after being killed.
It's a shame that all of the modern big budget games are all 3D. Combining good artisanship, money and 2D could probably result in a fabulous looking game.
Actually, Eschalon is a fabulous looking game, except it does show here and there that the budget was limited.
What's funny to notice is that the blood of those rift birds remains hanging in midair after being killed.
A lot of older games are 2D games and they were made with lesser means, or perhaps with lesser ambitions when it comes to visuals.Buckets wrote:...stunningly beautiful...especially for a 2D game.
It's a shame that all of the modern big budget games are all 3D. Combining good artisanship, money and 2D could probably result in a fabulous looking game.
Actually, Eschalon is a fabulous looking game, except it does show here and there that the budget was limited.
Re: Stunningly Beautiful Rift!
According to the support forum, I thought that bug was fixed in 1.03.KillingMoon wrote:What's funny to notice is that the blood of those rift birds remains hanging in midair after being killed.![]()
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: Stunningly Beautiful Rift!
Ah, I was probably still on 1.02 when I was there.