Page 1 of 1

treasure in stumps

Posted: February 20th, 2008, 4:48 pm
by Dragonlady
In the beginning of the game, you are told to look in a stump to find some needed items. Has anyone checked out all the stumps on the maps to see if there is something hidden in them? Is there only one? It would have been nice if there had been a few, especially in forested areas where trees had been cleared for a small cabin. :)

Might be a good thing for book II.

Posted: February 20th, 2008, 6:00 pm
by acoustibop
I've checked quite a few stumps around the game, Dragonlady - never found anything except in that first one... :(

Posted: February 20th, 2008, 6:11 pm
by Odium
I admit being a cheater ... i set "spot hidden" to 255, checked almoste every tile and i found very very few hidden spots ...

I'd really like to see more of those in book 2

Posted: February 21st, 2008, 5:12 am
by VPeric
Yeah, the skill was fairly useless - I've found one area with a bunch of gems hidden around (a certain cave with thieves), and just a few hidden spots otherwise. If you were going for money, I'd say Mercantile is actually a better choice. And for items... well, there are NO unique items available only with a high spot hidden (or mine just wasn't high enough).

As for the tree stumps, yeah, just the first. And yes, I kept checking random tree stumps for a while before I realized I wouldn't find anything anywhere.

Posted: February 21st, 2008, 7:52 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Don't forget- Spot Hidden also lets you discover traps on objects (or traps on the floor) before you trigger them.

Posted: February 21st, 2008, 10:43 am
by Odium
ya I know ... but I'd appreciate more hidden treasures anyway ;)

Citizens hiding their heirlooms under a loose plank on the floor, scrolls behind books in shelves ...

Posted: February 21st, 2008, 10:58 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Definitely- more of that in Book II. :wink: