treasure in stumps

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

treasure in stumps

Post by Dragonlady »

In the beginning of the game, you are told to look in a stump to find some needed items. Has anyone checked out all the stumps on the maps to see if there is something hidden in them? Is there only one? It would have been nice if there had been a few, especially in forested areas where trees had been cleared for a small cabin. :)

Might be a good thing for book II.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]
Posts: 350
Joined: December 14th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Post by acoustibop »

I've checked quite a few stumps around the game, Dragonlady - never found anything except in that first one... :(
Odium
Apprentice
Posts: 28
Joined: February 10th, 2008, 8:11 am

Post by Odium »

I admit being a cheater ... i set "spot hidden" to 255, checked almoste every tile and i found very very few hidden spots ...

I'd really like to see more of those in book 2
VPeric
Steward
Posts: 76
Joined: November 21st, 2007, 4:23 pm
Location: Serbia

Post by VPeric »

Yeah, the skill was fairly useless - I've found one area with a bunch of gems hidden around (a certain cave with thieves), and just a few hidden spots otherwise. If you were going for money, I'd say Mercantile is actually a better choice. And for items... well, there are NO unique items available only with a high spot hidden (or mine just wasn't high enough).

As for the tree stumps, yeah, just the first. And yes, I kept checking random tree stumps for a while before I realized I wouldn't find anything anywhere.
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3900
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Don't forget- Spot Hidden also lets you discover traps on objects (or traps on the floor) before you trigger them.
Odium
Apprentice
Posts: 28
Joined: February 10th, 2008, 8:11 am

Post by Odium »

ya I know ... but I'd appreciate more hidden treasures anyway ;)

Citizens hiding their heirlooms under a loose plank on the floor, scrolls behind books in shelves ...
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3900
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Definitely- more of that in Book II. :wink:
Post Reply