Eschalon as a gift -- special purchase options?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
User avatar
micks
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 43
Joined: December 21st, 2007, 10:13 pm
Location: Slovakia

Eschalon as a gift -- special purchase options?

Post by micks »

I have no clue whether enough people do this to make it worth your (Basilisk Games') time (I certainly hope so, the more copies sold the merrier), but anyway: apart from my own copy I also bought two others as gifts; these were Linux versions=downloads, but there is apparently a download for each CD, so this would apply to those too.
The only way I figured out to do this in practice using my PayPal account was having the download delivered to a different email address than my own. Plimus then sends a special message to both addresses, requesting confirmation from the email address associated with the PayPal account, then delivers the game to the other address as specified.
While there is no big deal with that (the confirmation email might lead to a minor confusion if you're not expecting it), it might be a good idea to have an option of including a special "gift" message with the download or something similar, just to to make it a tad more personal.
And yes, I'm asking this because I intend to buy a couple more copies for friends :wink:
Post Reply