My Top 10 (Spoilers galore)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kuttner Dowd
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 6:50 pm

My Top 10 (Spoilers galore)

Post by Kuttner Dowd »

I wanted to say "Bravo!" I downloaded the demo when the mac version came out and bought it a couple of days later. I've completed it twice so far and am looking forward to a third! As I played, I jotted down some of my favorite things and thought I'd share them with you.

10. Skeletons in the Dark - The Gloomful Oubliette is one of my favorite spots. I genuinely was tense in there... hearing the clicks of the skeletons.

09. Mac Compatible! Thank you.

08. The Sounds - I think the sound of placing a skull in my inventory was my favorite but they were all terrific.

07. NPC Movement - I might be in the minority here, but I love it when the NPCs move about. I remember trying to find Maddock and he had wandered over to the bridge and was just sloshing around in the water. Mad bugger! Sure they get in your way here and there but who doesn't love luring some enemies toward them and watching them fight.

06. The Giants - I had sort of gotten used to visiting the NPCs, getting your quest, return, get experience, move on to the next one when I confronted the Giants. A real nice change of pace.

05. The 70lb Crucible Quest - Another nice change of pace. I love quests like this where you have to commit to do something a bit mundane.

04. Mushrooms! As a mycologist I love all the fungal references. We've got NPCs looking for mushrooms, we've got Slimes and Jelly Fungi, we've got mushrooms populating the countryside. Maybe in Book II we can have a few Giant Puffballs or Stinkhorns. :)

03. Vela Strategy - The amount of combat seemed just right to me, though I would've loved a bit more combat similar to Vela. Enemies just came out of the woodwork, from every direction. There were lots of angles to fight from. Strategy was put to good use there.

02. Goblin Bombthugs - They crack me up every time!

01. Incinerator Fuel. In my first game I used it on a bunch of Acid Beasts who had cornered me near the Acorn Tree. I was on the edge of the cliff when I hurled it at them. Boom. The fire went everywhere including down the cliffside and over the ravine to a lower cliff! A really neat visual.

Anyway, congrats on a great game. I'm definitely looking forward to Book II.
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3889
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

:D

Thanks man!
Post Reply