For me I found the site a year ago and just kept in touch for release - the screen shots were enough for me to buy the game
The "How I came to purchase Eschalon" thread
On another game forum (Demise) in the Off-Topic Discussion threads, someone advertised Eschalon there and posted the link. Sheer curiosity led me to the main site and convinced me to download the demo; shortly thereafter, I bought the game.
I prefer fantasy RPGs (and not very many of those, to boot)...Eschalon has quickly become one of my favourites, rivalling Demise and its predecessor Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol.

I prefer fantasy RPGs (and not very many of those, to boot)...Eschalon has quickly become one of my favourites, rivalling Demise and its predecessor Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol.
Eschalon was mentioned on the Home of the Underdogs forums. I downloaded the demo and tried it.
My impression of the demo was that it was somewhat enjoyable, but not something to be really enthusiastic about (the mythril quest for the blacksmith was the only quest I was able to complete in the demo, did I miss anything??).
I got a pirated copy at a later time and tried again. This time I found myself enjoying the game more and more, so I bought it.
My impression of the demo was that it was somewhat enjoyable, but not something to be really enthusiastic about (the mythril quest for the blacksmith was the only quest I was able to complete in the demo, did I miss anything??).
I got a pirated copy at a later time and tried again. This time I found myself enjoying the game more and more, so I bought it.
![Officer [Bronze Rank] Officer [Bronze Rank]](./images/ranks/officer1.png)