Highest Crit

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
Zim
Pledge
Posts: 1
Joined: December 7th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Highest Crit

Post by Zim »

Image


Did I win? :twisted:


That's my fighter character only buff I had is Haste. I think mages could do better no?

Post yours :lol:
Loriac
Senior Steward
Posts: 97
Joined: November 19th, 2007, 9:06 pm

Re: Highest Crit

Post by Loriac »

Zim wrote:
Did I win? :twisted:


That's my fighter character only buff I had is Haste. I think mages could do better no?

Post yours :lol:
Nice - I never knew that malice damage added another multiple to the crit damage roll. Without that, you're right - mages could easily do better (you can get up to +41 base damage with just spells and base weapon damage I think, before you even start to factor in weapon skill and strength and + damage items).
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3897
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

141!? Damn, that is crazy! The highest I've ever gotten was 94!

Good job, man.
Ryzah3
Pledge
Posts: 1
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 2:35 pm

216 damage critical hit

Post by Ryzah3 »

What about a 216 damage? 3*(41+31)
Image
The roll was the maximum, plus I had (almost) all damage-increasing spells cast at maximum level.

Max Damage:
Sword skill: +14
40 Strength: +10
Divine Ore Greatsword: +11
Ogre Strength (+30 Str): +6
= 41


Damage bonus:
Sword: +3
Bless: +6
Enkindled Weapon: +12
Enchanted weapon: +4 (I messed this up, could have been +12 too, i thought this spell gives only +2 for every level :x )
Assassins ring 2x: +2 +2
Iron Gauntlets of the Warlord: +2
= 31
(could have been 39)

(41+31)*3=216
...And the guard still lives? 8)

But it seems this hit could have been a 240 damage... Which might also be the maximum possible damage for a base Str of 40.

BTW, if you cast Poison Spray on the Chancellor you have plenty of time to get away before he dies... (He has 4 HP)

And a few bugs:
1. The Haste III potion seems bugged, gives me permanent haste, but it's not shown, + the potion does not get consumed
2. The Adamantine Chest Plate +3 only gives +10 AR instead of 9+3=12
3. Some map traversal bugs, one can get stuck after changing map, ie. from (1,58 ) Northeastern Crakamir traveling west gets you stuck in stone and no quick travel... There are similar bugs in Tanglewood, ie. from (98,143) Baron's Thicket to Northern Tangletree forest (I was looking for some secrets but all I found was this bug... :) )
4. When I select the Lock Melt spell in the spellbook (and not Portal) and hover the mouse above the spell levels, a tip gets shown next to the spell Trap Kill (and still not Portal) which shows the target of the Portal spell for the corresponding level... (the last 4 spells are Lock Melt, Trap Kill, Portal, Invisibility)
5. Sometimes I can cast a spell even if my strength is lower than needed.
6. If a monster in combat tries to run away and you click on it fast enough (before it reaches the next squre) you can still hit it. But in other situations it also seems that you can get bonus moves/rounds if you act immediately after movig... (not sure about this though)
Post Reply