In the book II Q & A BasiliskWrangler mentioned an additional light-producing option that will specifically help people who want to use a shield and weapon together in the dark. I can't find any other reference to it and so far have only seen the same options which were available in book I. Does anyone know what this new option is and how to go about getting it?
This would also be useful for builds that feature 2 handed weapons or bows.
Light Sources I'm Aware Of:
Torches
Lantern
Cat's Eyes
Grave Digger's Flame (and the amulet which provides the same effect)
Predator Sight
Potions
I may have gotten the elemental spell name wrong with the changes made to book II.
additional light-producing option?
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: additional light-producing option?
I think your list is complete. In fact, the Gravedigger's Flame amulet is only present in Book I.
For bow users, either a spell or potion is pretty much required for fighting in the dark. You could also use a torch or lantern and just take the (large) to-hit penalty for firing in darkness. If you have a crazy high bows skill, or you're using the bow feat, it might not matter.
For melee fighters, I tend just to take my shield off for fights in the dark so I can use a torch or lantern instead.
For bow users, either a spell or potion is pretty much required for fighting in the dark. You could also use a torch or lantern and just take the (large) to-hit penalty for firing in darkness. If you have a crazy high bows skill, or you're using the bow feat, it might not matter.
For melee fighters, I tend just to take my shield off for fights in the dark so I can use a torch or lantern instead.