Thank you for this gem!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
KarlXII
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 40
Joined: October 25th, 2010, 8:58 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Thank you for this gem!

Post by KarlXII »

I just stumbled accross this game by accident while looking for freeware RPGs.

I downloaded the demo and played it until it required the activation code.
It is exactly this kind of games that I am looking for and longing back to. Real RPGs. I was so dissappointed with Arcania - Gothic 4 so I looked back for the old games and found this gem.

Today too many games are dumbed down and consolified. RPGs was actually more advanced during the 80s and 90s than nowadays.

Thank you for still producing this and keep up the good work. I now wait to come home and buy the activation code and continue playing!
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: Thank you for this gem!

Post by SpottedShroom »

Be sure to check out Book I, too!
User avatar
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]
Posts: 439
Joined: April 15th, 2010, 6:40 am

Re: Thank you for this gem!

Post by sirdilznik »

Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd put my appreciation of the Eschalon games here and more specifically my appreciation of the free Fathamurk expansion BW has so generously provided us. I'm a proud owner of Book I (digital copy since I didn't know the game back then and was weary of spending extra for a physical copy) and Book II (DVD) and will buy Book III the microsecond it is available (or pre-order it if that's an option). Also if BW ever decides to put out an Eschalon Collection box with all 3 games on one or two DVDs and maybe some special extras (*cough* cloth map *cough*) I will gladly buy that in addition to the games I have already purchased and will purchase. Keep up the great work BW, we all appreciate the awesome old-school RPGing goodness you provide us with.

Now to start a brand spanking new character for Book II to play the regular campaign and the new Fathamurk awesomeness! :mrgreen:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Viktoras
Marshall
Posts: 113
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:38 pm

Re: Thank you for this gem!

Post by Viktoras »

I have already (by mistake i guess) added my appreciation in another post elsewhere. However, that being said, THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!! I've been playing it solid non stop (nearly) 8-16hours a day for 2weeks! Of course...i'm housebound due to my health and can't get out except with considerable effort from myself/wife/other family members. Until i found this game i had been playing MMORPG's and other standalones.....not even Fallout3 has held my attention like this game!!!! BRAVO Basilisk Games and whatever your name is that is making this VERY GREAT game! You are doing and have done an amazing job!!! I can't wait to see what future updates and Book III will bring.
Never trust a grinning DM!!
Post Reply