[SPOILER] Help with main quest (can't dialog with one npc)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
mihr
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: October 18th, 2010, 4:43 pm

[SPOILER] Help with main quest (can't dialog with one npc)

Post by mihr »

Hello. First post here.

*** WARNING SPOILER AHEAD ***

I started the game two days ago, and was slowly travelling trough the world and doing some random quest, while I was following the main plot. I talked to Minus (about the Destiney Through a Viewing Glass quest) but when I finally reached Port Kuudad to talk to Saint Gilhelm I got no dialog options but to leave him alone.

I tried to delete the Greenriver Lake map files (4950.map /.opq /.ent) but that didn't change anything to me. I'm running 1.04 final on Linux (Arch Linux).

Any suggestions? Should I restart the game? I would *really* rather not to, because I'm quite happy with my character and all of his stuff :(

Thank you for any advice or hit, and sorry for my lousy English (is not my native language).
mihr
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: October 18th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Re: [SPOILER] Help with main quest (can't dialog with one np

Post by mihr »

Thank you for your quick response Jedi_Learner!

To be honest, I don't recall at all what option did I choose when I was talking to Minus. I *think* that was something like "I don't want to anyone else know about this viewing glass" or something like that. Did I screw up the quest? Was like two (rl) days ago, sorry about that.

I went back to talk to Minus, but the only dialog options now are gossip about Westwillow and a threat to robe him. In my journal I don't have the part III of the quest. I'm afraid that my character fate is doomed...

I could try to travel north from Kuudad and try the viewing glass in the swamp. Maybe this could re-start the main plot?

Thanks again for your help.
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: [SPOILER] Help with main quest (can't dialog with one np

Post by SpottedShroom »

By not getting the quest to talk to Saint Gilhelm, all you miss out on is some XP and a little treasure. Your game is still fully possible to complete. As Jedi_Learner said, just head north to the Forsaken Coast. Use the glass there and you should find what you need to pick up the rest of the main quest.

If you want to get the quest back, you can probably do so by removing the map files for Greenlake (4950.*) from your save game directory. When you re-enter the map, everything will be reset to its original state and you should be able to talk to Minus again and pick the right option. This is not officially supported, though, so BACK UP your save first!
mihr
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: October 18th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Re: [SPOILER] Help with main quest (can't dialog with one np

Post by mihr »

phew!

Thank you both of you. I won't commit this mistake no longer with my futures characters. Thanks again for your help!
User avatar
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 811
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

Re: [SPOILER] Help with main quest (can't dialog with one np

Post by Painted Lady »

Probably the thing to take away from this experience is that you want to take the options for talking to other NPCs whenever you have the chance :wink:
Post Reply