Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
-
Sir Markus
- Pledge
- Posts: 4
- Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
I accidently killed Edwin, and I really don't want to start the game over. Is there a way to edit the game so he's not dead anymore? I have a quest that I wont be able to finish with him being gone, and was just wondering if there's any way to bring him back. Thanks!
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
You could probably use my map editor to bring him back. Be sure to make a backup of your save slot, just in case.
Note that Edwin's quests aren't at all necessary to finish the game; all you'll be missing out on is some XP if you don't complete them.
(Also, this is a good opportunity to point out the wisdom of using multiple save slots as you progress through the game. :)
Note that Edwin's quests aren't at all necessary to finish the game; all you'll be missing out on is some XP if you don't complete them.
(Also, this is a good opportunity to point out the wisdom of using multiple save slots as you progress through the game. :)
-
Randomizer
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1469
- Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
- Location: Wandering the Rift
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
The other way is to save the game in a map area other than the one Edwin is found. Then exit the game and delete the 3 files in the saved game folder that contain the map that Edwin is in. When you reload the game the map will have reset for that area when you enter it.
The problem is that it resets everything and can damage the game since you will have already had some things finished in that area that will now be changed so you can no longer do them.
Dragonlady reset Port Kuudad once to turn in a quest and could no longer access the area beneath Lockston Hall to use the 4 bells.
The problem is that it resets everything and can damage the game since you will have already had some things finished in that area that will now be changed so you can no longer do them.
Dragonlady reset Port Kuudad once to turn in a quest and could no longer access the area beneath Lockston Hall to use the 4 bells.
-
Sir Markus
- Pledge
- Posts: 4
- Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
Thanks for the suggestions. Regarding the editor, I downloaded it and installed the program, but when I try opening up files, I get an error message that says something like "This editor only works with Eschalon I. This file is from Eschalon II." Is there a separate Eschalon II editor for download somewhere that I'm missing, or am I just doing something wrong? At this point I'm probably just going to continue the game without Edwin, but I'm just one of those people that like all the quests to be finished at games' end, and this whole Edwin thing is driving me nuts. Thanks for any suggestions!
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
There should be a couple of items in your start menu - one works for Book 1, the other for Book 2.Sir Markus wrote:"This editor only works with Eschalon I. This file is from Eschalon II."
-
Sir Markus
- Pledge
- Posts: 4
- Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
I just found it and was coming back to post. Thanks again for the help!xolotl wrote:There should be a couple of items in your start menu - one works for Book 1, the other for Book 2.Sir Markus wrote:"This editor only works with Eschalon I. This file is from Eschalon II."
-
Sir Markus
- Pledge
- Posts: 4
- Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
Wow that program works great and it's easy to use. I got 1000 exp. and 900 gold for bringing back Edwin and finishing the two quests that need his NPC for completion. Thanks again for the help!
Re: Is There a way to bring back Edwin?
i've been meaning to play around with the editor a bit just to see how it works
P.s : excuse my bad English
Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
