Low Mana points with Mage

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
SpidyM
Pledge
Posts: 4
Joined: August 15th, 2010, 9:38 am

Low Mana points with Mage

Post by SpidyM »

Hi there

My first post on here. Loving the Eschalon games and played the first one through with a warrior..
Decided to try a mage for this second book. Having difficulties. at level 14 and yet only have 102 mana points to spend
my stats for mana increase are
int - 25
wis - 23
perc - 25
cons -23

I use for example fire ball 3 times and my mana pool empty ... is it just me or is that far too fast to run out?

any tips would be appreciated guys
many thanks
spidym
User avatar
Turtle
Council Member
Posts: 170
Joined: August 30th, 2008, 5:57 am

Re: Low Mana points with Mage

Post by Turtle »

You want to put almost all of your attribute points into Perception to increase your mana pool. Your Int and Wis do not need to be anywhere near that high at this point (or ever, since they can be raised with items). Concentration is a good attribute, but it doesn't affect your mana, and you can do very well without it as a mage.
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 52
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 2:47 pm

Re: Low Mana points with Mage

Post by Mod. »

In my first playthrough, I invested the majority of my points into Int., as well as elemental. I had a lot of mana trouble, and ended up with a ton of weight with mana potions III, and I could only craft mana potions II. If it wasn't for the wand repair exploit, I would have had trouble on very easy. Only after I finish my mage game did I learn that perception increases the amount of mana points gained.
SpidyM
Pledge
Posts: 4
Joined: August 15th, 2010, 9:38 am

Re: Low Mana points with Mage

Post by SpidyM »

Ok thanks for that guys will play a wee bit more and then probably start over ..... Game has plenty of replay value which is great :)

Thanks again :)
Post Reply