(Don't mind me. It's true I've been up all night (til 5p) and just got up (8/3a) . . . but I did sleep a little.)
Anyway.
Bug , bug , bug ! (Jumps onto his bed and screams.)
I'm uncertain whether or not this has been mentioned before, but if you show the guards at Port Kuudad your citizen's writ: they shut the gate again, and the dialog option about the citizen writ (rightfully) never comes up again.
They should, of course, just leave the gate open, and then never bring up the citizen's writ question again.
The writ works well in other places, of course, which shall remain nameless lest I spoil anything for anyone.
Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
This has been mentioned. It only happens, I believe, if you've used other means to open the gates in the first place (sneaking or bribery). But, yes, that gate should be a one-way thing. Once it's open, it's open.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
True. Which left me, at the point of my subsequent citizen-writ demand, with 3 writs on hand. (Apparently one writ is good for any city in Mistfell... doesn't matter if you're a citizen or not. I've always thought that odd, that our character doesn't have 'citizenship' since he/she has been living there, apparently, what, 3 years?)
Anyway: I wanted to try to sell them off but then found a use for them so I was then thankful I didn't (slash-couldn't?) find a buyer.
In my defense: I did do a search under "writ" for the Book II forums ("citizen's" can be spelled citizens' or citizens or citizen)... came up with nothing regarding this. So, I asked, and... I hope it helps people who're currently thoughtful about it.
True, it poses no significant game issue. If you've opened the gates (as I did) without showing your writ: you have no reason to show them your writ.
I just thought I'd be a good citizen.
No payment for that in real-life, either. Should be even less so in a wild place like Eschalon.
Anyway: I wanted to try to sell them off but then found a use for them so I was then thankful I didn't (slash-couldn't?) find a buyer.
In my defense: I did do a search under "writ" for the Book II forums ("citizen's" can be spelled citizens' or citizens or citizen)... came up with nothing regarding this. So, I asked, and... I hope it helps people who're currently thoughtful about it.
True, it poses no significant game issue. If you've opened the gates (as I did) without showing your writ: you have no reason to show them your writ.
I just thought I'd be a good citizen.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
You know, as there are more Writs than you need, it would be cool if there was some shady character later in the game you could sell them to! - I imagine they'd be worth a fair amount of loot to some types!Evnissyen wrote:Anyway: I wanted to try to sell them off but then found a use for them so I was then thankful I didn't (slash-couldn't?) find a buyer....
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
The jury will have a long hard look at this, and compare your chosen search terms with the words used in the earlier thread about this:Evnissyen wrote:In my defense: I did do a search under "writ" for the Book II forums ("citizen's" can be spelled citizens' or citizens or citizen)... came up with nothing regarding this.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3551&p=28351&hilit ... bug#p28351
Okay, looks like you're in the clear.
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
I find it amusing that you're trying to be a good citizen using illegal papers.Evnissyen wrote: I just thought I'd be a good citizen.No payment for that in real-life, either. Should be even less so in a wild place like Eschalon.
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
Killing Moon: whew!
Bernie:
Come to think of it, it really is a little ironic... more than that: a little ridiculous.
Leave it to you to point these things out.
(By the way, I just sent you a PM. Too bad the software doesn't alert us. Now you're offline, and can't read it, hells hells hells... .)
Bernie:
Come to think of it, it really is a little ironic... more than that: a little ridiculous.
Leave it to you to point these things out.
(By the way, I just sent you a PM. Too bad the software doesn't alert us. Now you're offline, and can't read it, hells hells hells... .)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
Except that I get an email when I get a message... 0_o
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Port Kuudad citzen's writ bug
Ohh... forgot about that.
Luckily (maybe), those emails go to my scrap-heap address. (I have 7 total addresses, between the Catalog, the Journal and private accounts. I reserve one for all the 'trash' and random stuff, which I give out to every random site who wants an email address from me. I get tons and tons of spam on it.)
My serious accounts I switched to Gmail. Gmail is awesome all the way around.
Luckily (maybe), those emails go to my scrap-heap address. (I have 7 total addresses, between the Catalog, the Journal and private accounts. I reserve one for all the 'trash' and random stuff, which I give out to every random site who wants an email address from me. I get tons and tons of spam on it.)
My serious accounts I switched to Gmail. Gmail is awesome all the way around.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
