Elemental Resistance

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
Arkos
Council Member
Posts: 187
Joined: March 18th, 2010, 5:42 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

Elemental Resistance

Post by Arkos »

How can I boost up my Elemental Resistance? I'm freezing my arse off in Hellice, heh, heh.

I have fire resistant iron leggings that grant me a +10% to Elemental Resistance, but even then that only raises my total up to 48%. Are there other magical items that can raise it further I should keep an eye out for? Should I try pumping up Endurance more?
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by SpottedShroom »

I believe it's possible to find magic items in other slots that increase elemental resistance as well, but I never really bothered with them. Boosting Endurance will certainly help your resistances, though, as well as improving your HP regeneration rate.

You don't really need Elemental Resistance in Hellice, though. You're only at risk during a snowstorm, and those happen pretty infrequently. When they do, just duck into nearby shelter or fast travel back to Raven's Gate. Elemental Resistance is helpful again later, but only if you're close to 100%.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

SpottedShroom wrote:I believe it's possible to find magic items in other slots that increase elemental resistance as well, but I never really bothered with them. Boosting Endurance will certainly help your resistances, though, as well as improving your HP regeneration rate.

You don't really need Elemental Resistance in Hellice, though. You're only at risk during a snowstorm, and those happen pretty infrequently. When they do, just duck into nearby shelter or fast travel back to Raven's Gate. Elemental Resistance is helpful again later, but only if you're close to 100%.
And the later place where elemental resistance is helpful, the two slots you don't want it on are feet and legs. For some reason, while fireproof armor may protect YOU from the elements, it doesn't protect the armor itself.

You can find armor with resistances for almost every slot, though. I particularly like the Resistant helms, which you can sometimes find in Durnore and Picaroon, that add 10% to all resistances. I've found them in every light armor variety from Reptile Hide to Ancient Dragon Skin.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 811
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by Painted Lady »

In three play-throughs I've never found Ancient Dragon Skin anything..........
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You can find armor with resistances for almost every slot, though. I particularly like the Resistant helms, which you can sometimes find in Durnore and Picaroon, that add 10% to all resistances. I've found them in every light armor variety from Reptile Hide to Ancient Dragon Skin.
Ironically, I don't think I've ever seen one of these "All Resistances" armors - I definitely never saw one in my second playthrough... :(
User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by Dragonlady »

I saw one recently for the first time, a helm heavy armor. Since I was trying for Mage challenge and could only wear light armor, I didn't buy it.

Right now that mage is wearing fire proof dragon skin boots. Sure helped in the lava fields! :lol: (okay, that and Elemental Armor spell. :roll:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
User avatar
Arkos
Council Member
Posts: 187
Joined: March 18th, 2010, 5:42 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by Arkos »

Ah, okay, I'll keep an eye out for additional magic gear. I realize elemental resistance isn't a big deal. It's just part of the build I was going for--a really durable paladin type with high resistance to everything.

By the way, unrelated, but what do Potions of Greater Protection do? Raise your armor class?
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Arkos wrote:Ah, okay, I'll keep an eye out for additional magic gear. I realize elemental resistance isn't a big deal. It's just part of the build I was going for--a really durable paladin type with high resistance to everything.

By the way, unrelated, but what do Potions of Greater Protection do? Raise your armor class?
Raise all of your resistances by 20, I believe. Let me go test that.

Yep. That's what it does.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
Arkos
Council Member
Posts: 187
Joined: March 18th, 2010, 5:42 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

Re: Elemental Resistance

Post by Arkos »

Okay, I was wondering about that. My first thought was it improved your armor, but I was thinking 'doesn't leatherskin/stoneskin do that, too?'

So good to know. I should probably stock up on those next time I fight undead, so I don't get cursed so much.
Post Reply