When playing normal difficulty your items can be deteriorate in normal use.. So this means that my sword can be broke when just hitting enemies and armor may broke when enemies are hitting me?
Sorry my bad english!
Normal difficulty
Re: Normal difficulty
That's correct. You can disable equipment deterioration at the start of the game, just after you exit the character editor.
If you want to continue with it on, there are a couple of ways to cope:
1. Click "repair mode" at a smith's shop. Smiths can repair your gear for a fee. This can get expensive eventually, but it's not too bad at the beginning.
2. Get Repair skill. You can use your skill points for this, but don't. Eventually, you will be able to buy it from a trainer; meanwhile, watch the shops for a pair of Tinker's Gloves and buy them as soon as you can. Put them on before you camp and your gear will be repaired as you rest. If it's in really rough shape you may have to rest more than once.
If you want to continue with it on, there are a couple of ways to cope:
1. Click "repair mode" at a smith's shop. Smiths can repair your gear for a fee. This can get expensive eventually, but it's not too bad at the beginning.
2. Get Repair skill. You can use your skill points for this, but don't. Eventually, you will be able to buy it from a trainer; meanwhile, watch the shops for a pair of Tinker's Gloves and buy them as soon as you can. Put them on before you camp and your gear will be repaired as you rest. If it's in really rough shape you may have to rest more than once.
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Normal difficulty
Of course, you can always de-select that option in the screen Turtle mentioned, and select another restriction instead, such as the predetermined seed -- that'll bring you to Normal level as well.
Of course, unfortunately this means re-rolling the character.
Of course, unfortunately this means re-rolling the character.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Re: Normal difficulty
Thanks for answers. Good thing that gear can be repaired! What after some item get broken? U just cant use it before u have repaired it or does it disappear?
_b
-
Randomizer
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1469
- Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
- Location: Wandering the Rift
Re: Normal difficulty
Broken items disappear which happened to me a few times when I wasn't watching equipment damage in combat.
Re: Normal difficulty
You know what would be cool/funny when that happened? - If, afterwards, when you looked in your Inventory/Equipment windows, your weapon or armor was gone, as was replaced by Weapon Fragments or something like "leather fragments" or "cloth fragments" or "metal fragments" in your Inventory. Maybe in Book III!Randomizer wrote:Broken items disappear which happened to me a few times when I wasn't watching equipment damage in combat.
Re: Normal difficulty
Hmm, what you mean by "re-rolling"?Evnissyen wrote:Of course, unfortunately this means re-rolling the character.
_b
Re: Normal difficulty
In this case it means discarding your current character and starting over.
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Normal difficulty
Yes, what he said.
And IJ: I like that idea a lot. It really would made a better statement than just an empty slot where you could've sworn you'd placed something at an earlier time... .
'twould also give us a better idea of where all these "weapons fragments" items actually come from.
(If I remember correctly, I think I even saw one of the merchants, one time, selling "weapons fragments".)
(As if I'm really gonna go, "Yeah! That's what I need: Weapon's Fragments! That'll fufill the quest that was given to me by Amelia the Ambiguous!")
(If there're actually no "weapons fragments" in Eb2, and I'm just confused from weapons fragments seen all the time in another game... forgive me, for I'm embarrassed.)
And IJ: I like that idea a lot. It really would made a better statement than just an empty slot where you could've sworn you'd placed something at an earlier time... .
'twould also give us a better idea of where all these "weapons fragments" items actually come from.
(If I remember correctly, I think I even saw one of the merchants, one time, selling "weapons fragments".)
(As if I'm really gonna go, "Yeah! That's what I need: Weapon's Fragments! That'll fufill the quest that was given to me by Amelia the Ambiguous!")
(If there're actually no "weapons fragments" in Eb2, and I'm just confused from weapons fragments seen all the time in another game... forgive me, for I'm embarrassed.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: Normal difficulty
I'd love to see a smithing skill in Book III so we'd have something to do with our weapon fragments and bars of metal. I imagine it working like alchemy except you don't need recipes - just ingredients, skill levels, and a forge.
