Alchemy levels?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
Rybel
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: June 6th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Alchemy levels?

Post by Rybel »

I don't know if this has already been answered as there are rather a lot of pages to trawl through now, but I read that you could Imbue Damage + 2 at Alchemy Level 14. I now have Alchemy Level 17 (with my two rings) but my Imbue Damage Mixture always goes Phoot :( Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Alchemy levels?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Describe exactly what you are doing. You need to put the ingredients (auricflax and ambergris) in the reagents boxes, one in each, and the weapon in the container box. If you don't have the level to do +2, it should give you +1, not go poof. At least, that's my experience with it. The only time it goes poof is if you're trying to add to a weapon that already has a damage modifier or three total enchantments. No item can hold more than three enchantments at a time.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Rybel
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: June 6th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Re: Alchemy levels?

Post by Rybel »

Doh! I'm an idiot. I was mixing the reagents with an empty flask. Didn't realise I needed to put the weapon or armor in the top box. Thank you very much for your reply.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Alchemy levels?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

No problem. We've probably all done some variation on that.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
Oshkell
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 54
Joined: June 6th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Re: Alchemy levels?

Post by Oshkell »

It would have been awesome if you could do that, and then make a healing elixir using the damage imbued flask. Patches you up, but burns going down. XD
I listen,
I laugh,
I think for a while
As I sit in the dark
And smile.
Post Reply