I just want to say I'm a big fan of both Book I and II. These games bring me back to the golden era of RPG's like the Baldur's Gate and Planscape Torment.
I recently bought Alpha Protocol for PC and found it to be a complete unplayable mess of bugs, with horrid controls and wonky AI. I gave up on it and hope they will patch it soon.
So I returned to Book II for my second playthrough and am trying hardcore this time. I have to say Basilisk has created a great game that is quite challenging and fun to play.
You put the big developers like Obsidian to shame with their big budget epic fails.
Kudos to Basilisk
Re: Kudos to Basilisk
I agree completely , i have been playing this evening ,and i just don´t see where´s the roleplay in alpha protocol, you recieve exp, when you do a mission, but not from enemies ,action or whatsoever you do, and the abilities are completely frozen.
Great graphics, great music , great history ,everething is fine minus the game, can´t see where´s the fun in it.I feel mass effect deja vu with it.
i was wondering what could BW do with 10% of their budget, and a smile covered my face.
A pity he didn´t like albion (bluebyte game), i just would LOVE an expanded universe like that in his hads.
P.D. A Call of cthulhu rpg would really be great too! and i think, that actually fits in the game engine of eschalon.
Great graphics, great music , great history ,everething is fine minus the game, can´t see where´s the fun in it.I feel mass effect deja vu with it.
i was wondering what could BW do with 10% of their budget, and a smile covered my face.
A pity he didn´t like albion (bluebyte game), i just would LOVE an expanded universe like that in his hads.
P.D. A Call of cthulhu rpg would really be great too! and i think, that actually fits in the game engine of eschalon.
-
Gorgon Rider
- Marshall
- Posts: 100
- Joined: May 26th, 2010, 1:42 pm
- Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada
Re: Kudos to Basilisk
Yeah, I was disappointed to see some of the posts/reviews (not professional, but actual gamer reviews) about Alpha Protocol's wonky AI and some of the unpolished game lements. Not that it's all bad, as I've read there are some good story elements (and I've also read there are some good roleplay options in the story). I like Obsidian and had high hopes for the game. I'll get it eventually anyway, but not until a patch or two comes out and perhaps a price drop.
But in the meanwhile, I'm still playing my first run through Book II and will likely give it another run immediately after finishing.
But in the meanwhile, I'm still playing my first run through Book II and will likely give it another run immediately after finishing.