Few questions about the game.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
okashii
Senior Steward
Posts: 93
Joined: May 18th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Few questions about the game.

Post by okashii »

Hi again to everyone =]

I haven't had time to do tests on my own yet so maybe some of you can help me out with an anwser:

1. Is there a (legal) way to modify the game so that I can choose my starting stats by point assign and not by a random roll? [For example: All stats are on 1 by default and I have a pool of 72 points to assign]
2. The throwing weapons feat - does it allow to throw all 8 weapons at one target?
3. How do I refuel the lamp? Do I need 2x lamp oil & alchemy skill of X?
[does the lamp count towards the spell casting limit of 1/3 STR?]
4. Why does Enkindeled Weapon bonus fire damage doesn't work on objects?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Last edited by okashii on May 21st, 2010, 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
okashii
Senior Steward
Posts: 93
Joined: May 18th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Re: Few questions about the game.

Post by okashii »

[Facepalm] So that's what the cotton wick is for..

Thanks a lot Jedi_Learner =]
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1469
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
Location: Wandering the Rift

Re: Few questions about the game.

Post by Randomizer »

2. Throwing weapon feat volley throws one weapon at each target adjacent to the primary target up to the lesser of 8 targets total or available thrown weapons.
Krafen
Council Member
Posts: 163
Joined: January 25th, 2008, 11:34 am

Re: Few questions about the game.

Post by Krafen »

If by "legal way to choose your stats" you mean a mechanic within the game, then no. Altering your stats with a hex editor is quite easy, though. If you want to add up the points you rolled and redistribute them using the editor, you are welcome to do so.

There are many hex editors out there, but this one is simple and free. The Windows calculator provides an easy method for converting decimal values to hex. There is a char file in each save slot, that is the one you want to edit.
okashii
Senior Steward
Posts: 93
Joined: May 18th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Re: Few questions about the game.

Post by okashii »

Thanks for the tip Krafen =] I had no problem downloading the program and opening the char file, however I have no experience on how to edit it :cry:
I'm guessing that one of the lines (first one? lots of numbers there) is the one reflecting the stats. But I don'k know what values to replace with what numbers to get the effect I want. Perhaps you can help me out =]

I'm writing a bit of a guide and to make it more universal and most efficient at the same time, I would like my stats to be:
STR 7
END 7
DEX 7
SPE 7
INT 14
WIS 13
PER 14
CON 7

Rolling 14,13,14 on mage stats can be really time consuming if you aren't lucky and since the rest of the stats don't matter much in this guide I want to test it on lowest ones to see how well it all works.
Krafen
Council Member
Posts: 163
Joined: January 25th, 2008, 11:34 am

Re: Few questions about the game.

Post by Krafen »

The best way to figure it out is to start a game and write down your stats in order. Use the Windows calculator to convert each value to hex and look for those values in the char file. When doing this, it helps to use your bonus points during creation to make each stat have a different value.

You might want to do the same with your starting HP and MP. I believe someone posted the HP and MP formula somewhere, or you can create a character who has your target stats in the abilities that affect HP and see what you get to start. Then, when you edit the character you will play, you know the value to set for your HP. You can do the same for MP.
Post Reply