Question about gates and cracked walls [Spoilers...Maybe?]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
TheOcho
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: May 18th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Question about gates and cracked walls [Spoilers...Maybe?]

Post by TheOcho »

I noticed there are gates in Port Kuudad and the Thieves Arcadia that I am unable to click on. Some of these have chests behind them that I would like to get to. Are those only for appearance or is there a way to get to them?

Also how many explosive barrels does it take to blow down a section of wall? I see cracked walls all over the place and have tried to blow them up, but one barrel didn't do the trick. As a mage it takes a very long time to backtrack and find barrels just to carry them all over the place to try and blow down the walls.

Thanks for your time,
Ocho
User avatar
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1473
Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Re: Question about gates and cracked walls [Spoilers...Maybe

Post by CrazyBernie »

Gates are generally impassable... unless there's a switch hiding nearby.

Not all cracked walls are able to be demolished, but those that are only require a single keg.
User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Re: Question about gates and cracked walls [Spoilers...Maybe

Post by Dragonlady »

Cracked walls/rock with nothing on the other side can not be blown up. If you see a chest or room, etc. on the others side, as someone said, one barrel should do it. Though it one place you have to blow up a wall, wait for dust to clear, drop and other barrel, blow it up, etc. etc until you get tot he chest. :D

there are a couple of tantilizing places with chests you can't get to..or so far as I've tried. You have to stand there and drool and cry and then walk away dreaming of the riches you could have had. Just little teases in the game. :wink:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
TheOcho
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: May 18th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Re: Question about gates and cracked walls [Spoilers...Maybe

Post by TheOcho »

Thanks for the answers. I feel as if I am missing out on something with those darn walls. With my low strength carrying around a barrel of explosives is a pain in the butt.
Post Reply