[Spoiler!] On questing unethically near Blackwater--nice job
Posted: December 5th, 2007, 1:06 am
I just want to say that the most awesome moment I had in my game was a long-delayed sidequest result. I had decided to try the "backstab Lilith and bring me her amulet" quest in Blackwater. Of course, I made a side trip to the vault once I had the amulet, and retrieved a sword of 100% pure awesome. I then gave the guy the requested amulet, collected my gold, and thought no more of it since I had already done the only other Lilith quest in the main arc and Mr. Shady didn't seem to care.
Then, hours of gameplay and quicksave overwrites later, I'm heading back to Crakamir via the teleporter that opened up north of Blackwater. And this time I'm ambushed, by none other than Mr. Shady! He wants the sword back and knows I took it!
Seriously, kudos! I was caught completely by surprise, and it was great to see someone actually code for the powergamer's loot-everything-not-permanently-nailed-down reflex. I think the last game I played with a remotely similar situation was Space Quest IV with its infamous "unstable munition" puzzle.
Then, hours of gameplay and quicksave overwrites later, I'm heading back to Crakamir via the teleporter that opened up north of Blackwater. And this time I'm ambushed, by none other than Mr. Shady! He wants the sword back and knows I took it!
Seriously, kudos! I was caught completely by surprise, and it was great to see someone actually code for the powergamer's loot-everything-not-permanently-nailed-down reflex. I think the last game I played with a remotely similar situation was Space Quest IV with its infamous "unstable munition" puzzle.