Page 1 of 1

Unequiping and re equiping items at no cost

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 7:02 pm
by dak
I think it should cost a turn to unequip an item, or to switch weapons.

Now I have some penatly for casting spells, so I have to remove my gauntlet to cast it, but since it doesn't cost me any turn to remove the gauntlet as long as the enemy is not right next to me or ranged I do not lose anything, and even if they are I just lose a little bit of armor for one turn to cast this spell........

Besides just to make it realistic, I can change armor in the middle of a fight without it costing me a single turn that's just weird!

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 10:05 pm
by Psilon
Yeah, late-game I found a Divine Ore Greatsword that was heavier than I could cast with, so I ended up toggling to Demon Oil whenever I wanted spells. Adding a one-turn penalty for switching equipment would be a Good Thing, in my opinion.

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 11:13 pm
by leonhartt
Yes, this would be useful in bringing balance to the game. Add one turn for any weapon swapping.

Posted: December 3rd, 2007, 5:37 am
by RezoApio
Maybe make it one turn for fighting mode change rather than just weapon.

I mean that I may want to change the amulet I wear when I change weapon (like my cleaving amulet when I use the axe vs my + 2 dex amulet when I fire the bow).

I do agree the 1 turn penalty is a good idea (With patch 1.03, you ahve the 1 turn penalty for switching torch if you extingish it via UI but not if it extingish itself by firing an arow ;-))

(Should that go in Book II ideas ?)

Posted: December 3rd, 2007, 5:45 am
by Iane
Um guys read this - may just end up in V1.04 patch :wink: