[Spoiler request] Shadowmirk

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
mrcynical
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: November 29th, 2007, 2:06 am

[Spoiler request] Shadowmirk

Post by mrcynical »

I'm missing the obvious - I know. On the first level of Shadowmirk, there are two chests that presumably activate a pentagram - one says "ease my pain" and one says "give me strength".

I've tried everything I can think of (healing potion, mana potion, weapons, armour, food...). What am I missing?

Thanks :)
sfoc
Initiate
Posts: 6
Joined: November 24th, 2007, 10:02 am

Post by sfoc »

You got the healing potion right, the other one needs a strength potion, like a potion of ogre's strength or similar.
mrcynical
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: November 29th, 2007, 2:06 am

Post by mrcynical »

Thanks. :) I thought of that but I can't see anything appropriate in any of the stores - guess I'll have to keep checking until something pops up.
vid
Senior Steward
Posts: 94
Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:09 pm

Post by vid »

mrcynical wrote:Thanks. :) I thought of that but I can't see anything appropriate in any of the stores - guess I'll have to keep checking until something pops up.
there should be one in the first level of the tower.
dpeterson25
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 5:34 pm
Location: Virginia

Post by dpeterson25 »

Did exactly that and unless the pentagram activated is somewhere else, it didn't work. Any ideas?

Dano
User avatar
Bluthand
Initiate
Posts: 12
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 8:26 am

[Spoiler request] Shadowmirk

Post by Bluthand »

I found a potion of ogre strength and a healing elixier II (?) in the same level and used them. I'm not sure what the level of the healing potion was. I also closed the chests after placing the potions. AFAIR there will be no message, sound or anything that tells you that the chests are stuffed properly. Just walk on the pentagram.

Hope that helps.
dpeterson25
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 5:34 pm
Location: Virginia

Post by dpeterson25 »

No...i'm just dense. RED means heal, not BLUE! What a dork.
Post Reply