Page 1 of 1

Its been 2 weeks since anything happened

Posted: April 28th, 2013, 7:15 pm
by deathknight1728
I honestly don't know bad things could get. I was given a medication to help with mind racing and turns out the medication made many things bad in my life. I felt alright for a few days then eventually I found my personality changed completely. I didn't enjoy gaming, watching tv, watching movies, working.

Last week I went through my room and tried to find games that I would like to play. First The Quest, nope don't like, then Avernum, nope don't like, Bg EE, na stupid, finally the heavy hitters-Eschalon and Avadon-no...What? Are you....insane?"

Here's where it gets funny. I haven't been sick in 3 years. Now I was vomiting for a week, am completely manic so Im losing it, haven't slept in 3 days and came up a different set of things that happened on days where they didn't.

Honestly, here's the kicker. I have yet to complete Book 2, yet thanks to all efforts of everyone (and the helpful wiki), I have a build that will work with machete and whatnot and be awesome.

Im not making this thread for sympathy. I am only warning anyone who would try this Latuda. It is really really bad and I don't know how anyone could change so badly from no medication to the toilet.

The stuff also caused me to remember things in the past that I don't want to remember, one of which had me almost to tears. The only reason I am telling anyone is because after witnessing it, this is something I wouldn't even wish on murderers and other fiends of the world.

Re: Its been 2 weeks since anything happened

Posted: April 28th, 2013, 10:41 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
That sounds horrible- talk to your doctor and switch meds.

I wish you well and hope you can get things sorted out. You'll always have a group of friends here when you do need to talk.

Re: Its been 2 weeks since anything happened

Posted: April 29th, 2013, 1:32 am
by Randomizer
This isn't the best article to help you, but

http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/58/3/521.full

About 14 years ago they found that people with a defective version of certain genes could get significantly higher chances of serious adverse reactions to common prescription drugs. A dose that works find in most people would not work well for these people with the defective gene and they would usually have problems like you had.

You might want to ask your doctor about getting tested since if that is your problem then you are likely to have bad reactions to other drugs used to treat your problem. Doctors rarely consider side effects and some will deny that your problems are side effects from what they gave you.

Edit - Article about the specific test:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmpliChip_CYP450_Test