Page 1 of 1
Sometimes I'd like a game to be consistent... (spoiler)
Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 9:38 pm
by Loriac
Ok, so the guy the priest poisoned is going to die, because he's got fleshrot.
But then you discover that cure greater disease potions get rid of serious diseases, like... fleshrot.
So off I go to the sick guy, hoping to help him cheat death. But sadly, GM fiat dictates that although I have the cure, he's destined to die regardless...
Ok, its not a big criticism, and the fact that I'm even hoping that this ploy might work is testament to the solid design of the game.
Does anyone else agree, or am I being way too picky?

Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 9:41 pm
by Jaesun
He is poisoned, not diseased?
Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 9:43 pm
by Loriac
Jaesun wrote:He is poisoned, not diseased?
Ok, so sue me, its late (very late!) where I am, but I'm still up because of this game...
He is diseased, I misspoke...

Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 9:45 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Too picky.
When you get Fleshrot, the system says: "You have contracted Fleshrot. You will die soon without proper care." This implies that it is a fatal disease.
Paul is a man that simply could not afford to get proper care, and the disease has progressed beyond cure. He states: "I don't think there is anything I can do about it. I've tried countless remedies and potions, but the disease has progressed too far. I am just trying to stay comfortable for what time I have left."
Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 9:52 pm
by Loriac
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Too picky.
When you get Fleshrot, the system says: "You have contracted Fleshrot. You will die soon without proper care." This implies that it is a fatal disease.
Paul is a man that simply could not afford to get proper care, and the disease has progressed beyond cure. He states: "I don't think there is anything I can do about it. I've tried countless remedies and potions, but the disease has progressed too far. I am just trying to stay comfortable for what time I have left."
Ok, fair enough...
Its just like in PnP when you have to wonder why people are dying left right and centre when the local village priest can easily cast cure light wounds to save most people, and the rich should be able to afford raise dead easily (particularly for accidents)
In all honesty, I meant it as a compliment that I actually thought it might work based on the way the game is quite open ended and allows you to do what you want
