Page 1 of 1
Mithril longsword ..
Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 6:46 pm
by GSV3MiaC
Gotta rate this as a bug - when I finally found this superb weapon it turned out to be no more damaging than a steel longsword, which I'd already bought, and it WEIGHED 0.5 lb MORE than the steel one.
And no, it isn't even shatter proof ...
Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 6:56 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Yep, that isn't right. Upon reviewing, I see that we needed to adjust up a couple swords.
Version 1.02 will have this fixed, as well as several improved "upper range" swords.
Posted: November 23rd, 2007, 10:51 pm
by Opunaesala
I use it just because its mithril. Couple with 2 rings of the assassin with +5 to hit and +2 to damage and some hand armor that have the same +5 to hit and +2 to damage, my melee dude beats things down.
I had some seriously lucky drops this playthrough.
Two handed weapons?
Posted: November 26th, 2007, 8:58 am
by Zoggles
Shouldn't the larger weapons eg 'Claymore' and 'Great Axe' or the 'Great War Maul' which weigh almost twice as much as their presumably single handed counterparts and do a lot more damage be two handed? I seem to be able to wield a claymore and carry a shield at the same time..
-Z-
Posted: November 26th, 2007, 9:50 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Zoggles: yes, it has been pointed out we have some inconsistencies with weapon weight. We will make some adjustments for 1.03.
In Book I there is no formal "two-handed weapon" status, although as you pointed out a Claymore should be. Book II will have a significantly improved weapons classification system.
Posted: November 26th, 2007, 12:25 pm
by Zoggles
Other than the bow of course....

Posted: November 26th, 2007, 12:49 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
You're right. Crossbows and Polearms are two other two-handed weapons that I personally want to add to Book II. I've always fancied the Halberd.