My unique character class Im playing
Posted: July 6th, 2012, 5:34 pm
I decided to go back to one of my characters that i originally was using with book 2. As i beat book 1 with a defensive fighter that uses speed attribute to the extreme, i wanted to try something new and cool. One of the things I like about the eschalon series is that a lot of the attributes can be used exclusively to create a unique build that usually works.
My first build was for book 1 was mostly not that powerful. It was mostly because i still was getting used to the game and its mechanics that i didn't know that to complement speed. I really need to put at least 2 skill points into my weapon of choice per level to offset the 3 points in speed not giving any to hit.
This time i have another idea that i thought was pretty cool and haven't heard too much about. Its mostly a rogue/fighter build that is working so far pretty well. While its not the best build, its a lot of fun.
The Survivalist
This character i am using uses every 3 points per lvl on concentration to make a high to hit chance, and mostly useful for disarming traps. With a decent perception at character creation and spot hidden skills from training/books, i can spot most traps. As this isn't a true rogue, 20 endurance was needed, as a survivalist needs to be hardy after all. I decided that i needed a defensive skill such as dodge or shields, but wanted to make something different. I was looking at medicine (survival in book 1) and thought that would make sense as he won't be a lock opening thief, but moreso a berserker that knows how to survive with regenerative powers, a good sword, and trap disarming when in hostile situations.
Its actually been a lot of fun so far. I made it to port kudad at lvl 3 and now am lvl 6. This is a character i might make in book 1 when done.
My first build was for book 1 was mostly not that powerful. It was mostly because i still was getting used to the game and its mechanics that i didn't know that to complement speed. I really need to put at least 2 skill points into my weapon of choice per level to offset the 3 points in speed not giving any to hit.
This time i have another idea that i thought was pretty cool and haven't heard too much about. Its mostly a rogue/fighter build that is working so far pretty well. While its not the best build, its a lot of fun.
The Survivalist
This character i am using uses every 3 points per lvl on concentration to make a high to hit chance, and mostly useful for disarming traps. With a decent perception at character creation and spot hidden skills from training/books, i can spot most traps. As this isn't a true rogue, 20 endurance was needed, as a survivalist needs to be hardy after all. I decided that i needed a defensive skill such as dodge or shields, but wanted to make something different. I was looking at medicine (survival in book 1) and thought that would make sense as he won't be a lock opening thief, but moreso a berserker that knows how to survive with regenerative powers, a good sword, and trap disarming when in hostile situations.
Its actually been a lot of fun so far. I made it to port kudad at lvl 3 and now am lvl 6. This is a character i might make in book 1 when done.