Page 1 of 1

Lore question

Posted: March 24th, 2012, 2:32 am
by Lord_P
In Book I, the book called "A World of Wonder" said that Mistfell "features deserts in the south". Does that mean Midlande is a (partial) desert?

Re: Lore question

Posted: March 24th, 2012, 10:47 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
I believe that's a reference to Crackamir.

Re: Lore question

Posted: March 25th, 2012, 3:59 am
by Lord_P
*cough* Crakamir is in Thaermore. :roll:

Re: Lore question

Posted: March 25th, 2012, 10:15 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
Good point. It's been a long time since I looked at the world map. Clearly BW had hoped to add another area southwest of the Yoma Narrows but didn't have time. That would be where I'd think of as potential desert.

Re: Lore question

Posted: March 25th, 2012, 4:35 pm
by IJBall
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Good point. It's been a long time since I looked at the world map. Clearly BW had hoped to add another area southwest of the Yoma Narrows but didn't have time. That would be where I'd think of as potential desert.
I hope that gets revised (as a matter of fact, BW has already indicated previously that "World of Wonder" in Book I is incorrect about things) - anyway, I've always assumed that Midlande was a grassland.

We already have Crakamir (and the unexplored areas south of Crakamir we haven't seen yet), as well as Barrea, as deserts - we don't need a desert in Midlande too... :|

Re: Lore question

Posted: March 26th, 2012, 8:33 am
by Lord_P
IJBall wrote:I've always assumed that Midlande was a grassland.
I agree. But maybe not a pleasant one, we know what the taurax have been up to...
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Good point. It's been a long time since I looked at the world map.
I have the Eschalon world map as my desktop. :mrgreen: