Page 1 of 2

Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 3:24 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Is anyone else seeing REALLY slow response from our website & forums, or is it just me?

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 3:40 pm
by Dies a Lot
I'm having the problem too. I click on a link and it takes about 15 sec. to get to the next screen. Hope you get the problem fixed. Ron

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 3:45 pm
by Painted Lady
I was just about to e-mail you when I finally saw this posting. I haven't seen a site so consistently slow since I had a dial-up connection. Something is definitely wrong!

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 3:48 pm
by llew silverhand
definitely slow.

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 3:53 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Ok -- I just dropped a trouble ticket off with our host to see what is happening on this server. Thanks everyone.

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 4:33 pm
by Randomizer
Your site is always a little slower for me than others, but today is about 5 times slower than usual.

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 6:51 pm
by noname
Great Scott!!!! And I thought It was just me getting old.

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 17th, 2012, 9:22 pm
by Dragonlady
Barely noticeable earlier today, now it's insanely slow. Like more than a minute to load!
But, BW has put in a notice so I'll be patient. :)

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 9:24 am
by blatherbeard
Its definitely much faster today, and actually, than ever i can remember.

Any word on what the prob was?

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 12:42 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
blatherbeard wrote:Its definitely much faster today, and actually, than ever i can remember.

Any word on what the prob was?
I'm not convinced it is fixed, at least on my side. I still see a good 7-12 second delay between selecting a link and seeing the page load, but even that feels faster than yesterday.

GoDaddy claims there is nothing wrong on their end. I ran a traceroute for them on this side, but they haven't responded to the results yet.

Of course, I've never had a service provider ever admit to a problem on their side....only that after I complain, problems seem to "fix themselves". :roll:

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 1:40 pm
by Randomizer
I guess the carrier pigeons they are using were under the weather yesterday. :)

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 1:47 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Well, I finally got a response back form GoDaddy, which was "you need to upgrade to a higher-tier hosting account". So, we'll be looking into that.

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 2:01 pm
by IJBall
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Is anyone else seeing REALLY slow response from our website & forums, or is it just me?
Been slow on my end, on and off, for probably a couple of weeks now (IIRC).

The thing is, the "slowness" does come and go - sometimes it's so slow, I give up trying to load (or it takes 2 minutes); other times, it's as fast as it was before.

Am seeing the same thing today - slow when I first tried the site; faster when I just tried now.

Weird...

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 4:19 pm
by ManusDei
No problem answering or loading or whatever from France.

It takes like 3-4 seconds at most, as usual.

Re: Insanely slow website

Posted: February 18th, 2012, 4:22 pm
by blatherbeard
Its back to being slower again on my end.