Page 1 of 1

Vindows Vista Crash copied from non support thread

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 11:51 am
by shaf
The Full game installs fine in Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Plays well but when exiting I get a Graphics Driver Crash and immediate Core Dump.

The Core dump was "Process has locked pages"
STOP 0x00000076 (0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFFA8001FcA040,
0x00000000000010B5,0x0000000000000000)

The Vista Adviser suggests upgrading the graphics driver but I am using the Latest nVidia driver.

Configuration

Athlon X2 4400
Gigabyte K8NF9 (nForce 4) Motherboard
2 GB DDR RAM (Dual Channel)
Creative X-Fi Platinum Audio Card
nVidia 8800GTS (640 MB RAM) Video Card
Latest Vista Drivers
Nforce 163.75 Forceware Video Drivers

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 11:52 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Yeah, Vista64 is a bit raw still. Make sure all your drivers are up-to-date. [edit] Meaning, not just your video but also DirectX and other system drivers.

I apologize, there is very little I can do about this. Try the game under OpenGL or 16-bit color and see if it works for you.

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 2:13 pm
by shaf
The game is too good to pass on. I tried the demo for 15 min. and immediately ordered the full version.

For now I'll probably setup an XP Partition and run the game from there, if the OpenGL method doesn't work.

Probably more related to Directx 10 vs. Direct x 9 , although no Sound issues using my Creative X-Fi config.

Thanks

Shaf

Posted: November 22nd, 2007, 11:09 am
by shaf
I corrected the error by doing the following:

Select Properties for the Desktop Icon
Select "Run as Administrator"
Select "Run in Compatibility mode Windows XP SP2"

On a Close the system no longer crashes.

I hope this is useful for others running Vista

Shaf

Posted: November 22nd, 2007, 11:19 am
by shaf
sorry removed - duplicate post