Page 1 of 1

Map Notes

Posted: December 2nd, 2011, 3:56 pm
by dogthenine
I would like to have the ability to put in map notes on the quick map.

Several times I have found it difficult to re-find something that I was looking for. Or if I run into some monsters that are out of my league, I could put a note on the map warning myself.
In Pools of Radiance you could add multiple map notes, and that's exactly the style I'd like to see.

Thanks!

Re: Map Notes

Posted: December 2nd, 2011, 6:43 pm
by Kreador Freeaxe
I think this has been mentioned before, but it's a good enough point that mentioning it again doesn't hurt. Definitely a good idea for Book III. :)

Re: Map Notes

Posted: December 3rd, 2011, 10:39 am
by SpottedShroom
That may be the first time the non-Gold Box Pool of Radiance has been mentioned in these forums.

Re: Map Notes

Posted: December 3rd, 2011, 12:27 pm
by IJBall
dogthenine wrote:I would like to have the ability to put in map notes on the quick map.
Just in case anyone wondered, this has been in the Book III 'wishlist' (in the "GUI" section) since its first posting:
  • Be able to annotate Minimap (tied to Cartography level?...)
Dunno how likely BW is to add this capability though.

(Personally, I'm actually slightly more interested in just a simple "Area Title" added to the bottom of the Minimap, to display the title of whatever map you're on at the time...)

Re: Map Notes

Posted: December 13th, 2011, 8:09 pm
by fudgemaster
I like the idea. Sometimes people are forced to take breaks from the game and won't remember everything they wanted to do before they stopped.