Page 1 of 1

Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 11:10 am
by BasiliskWrangler
I found this old "test render" of new Book II creatures dating back to 2008. I'm not sure if I've previously shared it our not(?)
book2_creatures.jpg
book2_creatures.jpg (316.11 KiB) Viewed 4552 times

Re: Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 11:32 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
The Taurex look really cool, but I'm trying to figure out if the dwarf thinks he's in for a tailor's measurements or what. ;-)

Re: Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 11:40 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The Taurex look really cool, but I'm trying to figure out if the dwarf thinks he's in for a tailor's measurements or what. ;-)
:lol: When you have a mesh (or "model") that you want to rig (which means, to place armature "bones" inside of which can be animated), you usually start out with the mesh in this position to make the process of rigging easier. The Dwarf was clearly not yet rigged for this shot.

Re: Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 11:45 am
by IJBall
Question: Is the Taurax in the middle supposed to be a "Book I Taurax", while the Taurax on the left is a "Book II Taurax"?

(Also, are we ever going to get an in-game explanation for the difference between the Book I and the Book II Taurax, or is this just one of those things that we're supposed to ignore like the difference between ST:TOS Klingons and ST:TNG Klingons... :P :wink: )

Re: Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 2:43 pm
by Dragonlady
BasiliskWrangler wrote:I found this old "test render" of new Book II creatures dating back to 2008. I'm not sure if I've previously shared it our not(?)
You must have 'shared' it cause I have it on my computer in Book II files. :) Still good to see it again. :)

Re: Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 3:46 pm
by SpottedShroom
Very nice! I'd love to see some more cut scene style stills like this in Book III.

Re: Thought some of you might like this...

Posted: November 23rd, 2011, 9:41 am
by Vroqren
Very nice BW - I like it. Yeah, I thought that the one on the left was General Ghors, while the other was a legionnaire. I'm just wondering, if the legionnaire and the dwarf are that close in size, where do we humans fit in?

IJBall wrote:or is this just one of those things that we're supposed to ignore like the difference between ST:TOS Klingons and ST:TNG Klingons... :P :wink: )
:D I know right? Or ST:Enterprise Andelorians, and ST:TOS Andelorians. You never find the difference...