Page 1 of 1
How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 15th, 2011, 5:27 pm
by claudius
The bow is a two handed weapon and I cannot hold a torch while wielding it?? So how do I fight underground or at night?
Re: How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 15th, 2011, 6:04 pm
by Painted Lady
That is a real dilemma isn't it? You can run back to a light source drawing your targets with you, you can throw some Demon Oil and create your own light source or you can cast Predator Sight so you can see enemies in the dark. Or, you can add a melee weapon to your repertoire....
Re: How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 15th, 2011, 6:21 pm
by Kreador Freeaxe
Or you can drink a predator sight potion if you don't happen to have any casting skills. Or you can use Cat's Eyes and Gravedigger's Flame together to light up everything as if it was daylight (though that will get the attention of any enemies around, in case you'd rather be sneaky).
Re: How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 15th, 2011, 6:32 pm
by claudius
I'm appreciating the help guys/gals. I decided that I will just go adventuring rather than replay/read too much hints, but getting the basics is essential.
I went with
5 bow
1 sword
1 light armor
1 cartography
2 save (for bow)
I'm going to just play through without reloading except when I die... A true challenge..
Anyhow thanks!
Re: How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 16th, 2011, 11:56 pm
by claudius
I'm to level 5
bow 10
sword 10
cartography 3
Hide (book) 1
Move Silent (ring) 2
Dodge (ring) 2
save 1
Bronze Longsword
Evermore bow 5 damage (forget what its called)
about 100 arrows..
I am not strong enough for evermore east, or the ironworks dam. I found some chests near eastwillow and had the mage look at the strange glass. Did the dragonelle nest.
But its going well, I will just have to explore I guess.
Re: How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 17th, 2011, 9:49 pm
by SpottedShroom
Torches? Spells? A ranger needs not these things. When you have truly mastered the art of the bow, you'll be able to shoot things in pitch dark.
Then again, I'm also the guy whose solution to "a portcullis keeps falling on me and killing me!" is to have enough hit points to walk it off.
Re: How does ranger fight in dark?
Posted: November 18th, 2011, 5:28 pm
by blatherbeard
I like your style shroom.