My Book II gripe thread
Posted: April 28th, 2011, 7:52 pm
I'm about 19 hours into book 2, about to head down to amireth. But before I go there, I wanna whine about some things, heh.
1. Where'd the loot randomness go?
This confuses me deeply. Certain item categories seem to have almost no randomness to them whatsoever. The biggest offenders: light armor cloaks, gloves, and headgear. I'm level 18 now, and I JUST NOW finally found my first cloak that had an enchantment other than hide in shadows (after 2 hours of merchant reloading). I've still only ever seen ONE piece of light armor hand wear that had more than 1 armor, and that was 2 armor bracers from keebo. Light armor helmets that are NOT mage hats are a teensy bit more common than light gloves with greater than 1 armor... but it's a VERY fine margin.
It gets VERY old VERY fast when you know that every time you visit an arms merchant there will be 0-3 cloak of the shadows, 0-5 assassin's/burglar's/tinker's/accurate gloves, and 4-10 mage hats.
2. Just like in book I, almost all the pre-enchanted gear from merchants is level 1 equivalent gear. Can we PLEASE have a system that allows the application of, for example, the Burglar's Gloves template to be added to higher quality gloves? Gear is supposed to get better as you level up in an RPG.
3. I really really miss being able to switch weapons with the enter key.
4. The random forage loot should occasionally include food/water.
5. (not a real big deal, just annoying) The stat roller sure seems to have a MUCH heavier bias towards the low range this time around. Takes way longer to get decent 100+ rolls.
6. some of the axiom/class starting skills are very poor choices. So bad that it actually became worthwhile to me to employ the character editor to fix them. (nefarious ranger gets piercing weapons? WTF yo? R-A-N-G-E-R. bows. end of story.) Having a list of class appropriate skills and being able to choose one as your freebie would be better. (ie: ranger chooses from bows, piercing, forage, survival)
7. WTB more storage at the player's home please.
EDIT: 8. Now that I've seen the ending animation, one final gripe: It would have been nice if the decision you make right at the end made any kind of difference.
1. Where'd the loot randomness go?
This confuses me deeply. Certain item categories seem to have almost no randomness to them whatsoever. The biggest offenders: light armor cloaks, gloves, and headgear. I'm level 18 now, and I JUST NOW finally found my first cloak that had an enchantment other than hide in shadows (after 2 hours of merchant reloading). I've still only ever seen ONE piece of light armor hand wear that had more than 1 armor, and that was 2 armor bracers from keebo. Light armor helmets that are NOT mage hats are a teensy bit more common than light gloves with greater than 1 armor... but it's a VERY fine margin.
It gets VERY old VERY fast when you know that every time you visit an arms merchant there will be 0-3 cloak of the shadows, 0-5 assassin's/burglar's/tinker's/accurate gloves, and 4-10 mage hats.
2. Just like in book I, almost all the pre-enchanted gear from merchants is level 1 equivalent gear. Can we PLEASE have a system that allows the application of, for example, the Burglar's Gloves template to be added to higher quality gloves? Gear is supposed to get better as you level up in an RPG.
3. I really really miss being able to switch weapons with the enter key.
4. The random forage loot should occasionally include food/water.
5. (not a real big deal, just annoying) The stat roller sure seems to have a MUCH heavier bias towards the low range this time around. Takes way longer to get decent 100+ rolls.
6. some of the axiom/class starting skills are very poor choices. So bad that it actually became worthwhile to me to employ the character editor to fix them. (nefarious ranger gets piercing weapons? WTF yo? R-A-N-G-E-R. bows. end of story.) Having a list of class appropriate skills and being able to choose one as your freebie would be better. (ie: ranger chooses from bows, piercing, forage, survival)
7. WTB more storage at the player's home please.
EDIT: 8. Now that I've seen the ending animation, one final gripe: It would have been nice if the decision you make right at the end made any kind of difference.
