Page 1 of 1
Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 19th, 2011, 11:04 pm
by Vroqren
Well, I finally decided to go to Fathermurk, after I got the Crux of Fire, and realized I wasn't quite ready for Amireth yet. Unfortunately, there's a problem.

Does this mean that my game isn't updated enough? If so, where can I update it and NOT lose my progress. This is my first time through the game, so I don't know about anything else I can do right now.
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 4:09 am
by ManusDei
Just in case, make a copy of the your savegames (should be useless).
Uninstall game, download new version and install it (in the same directory from before). Lauch game, load game, good luck.
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 5:33 am
by KillingMoon
The message 'Turn back - your fate awaits elsewhere.' popped up as standard in versions before 1.05, as Fathamurk only got added in 1.05.
So presumably you're playing an older version of the game. But older saves should be compatible with 1.05. When ManusDei says 'should be useless' about copying your savegames, he means that it shouldn't be needed, but advises to do it as a precaution.
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 2:18 pm
by Vroqren
Alright, and just to be sure, I will not have to re-download anything to keep my registered version?
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 3:07 pm
by KillingMoon
You don't have to pay a penny extra, and you can just use your old key, but it's a new download from scratch. Links for the new download should be at Basilisk Games main page.
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 3:59 pm
by Vroqren
Thanks! One more problem though - I didn't actually buy this, my brother did and I payed him back... I would ask him, but he's moved out now, with no way for me to contact him and he isn't coming back for two years. Is there a way to track the key's? The email he used at the time is
[email protected] if that helps. If it doesn't, if you can't track it, or if you're not allowed to track it, I can either buy it again, or just not try Fathermurk. I would like to try it though, so any help you can get for me would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 6:54 pm
by Randomizer
You should be able to register he new download with the same key that you used for the older version. You might not even need to that since I think the registration is in the preference file.
Re: Fathermurk is broked...
Posted: March 20th, 2011, 7:30 pm
by Vroqren