Hi there.
I have a question regarding the early quests of the game.
I've just started my adventures and my character is currently level 6, I have done the quests in the first village (including the dungeon under the church). I destroyed the Dragonfly nest and spoken to the old man about the viewing glass. I have also spoken to the dwarf under the dam as well but the dungeon there seem to be a bit too high level for me.
Can anyone give me some tips on where I should head instead?
Progression question
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: Progression question
Port Kuudad!
I assume you haven't found this town yet. You'll normally get there by travelling through Wolfenwood. The game warns you Wolfenwood is a dangerous place, but at level 6 you should be able to handle what's there.
Don't be afraid to explore little sidepaths in Wolfenwood either.
To gain entrance to Port Kuudad you'll need a copy of a certain document (although there are some other ways), so you'll need to snoop around a bit to find one.
The main reason why Port Kuudad is a good goal for now is that it offers lots of opportunities to invest in skills, and you'll find a few quests on the way as well. Ironpool dam can wait until later, when you're a bit stronger.
I assume you haven't found this town yet. You'll normally get there by travelling through Wolfenwood. The game warns you Wolfenwood is a dangerous place, but at level 6 you should be able to handle what's there.
Don't be afraid to explore little sidepaths in Wolfenwood either.
To gain entrance to Port Kuudad you'll need a copy of a certain document (although there are some other ways), so you'll need to snoop around a bit to find one.
The main reason why Port Kuudad is a good goal for now is that it offers lots of opportunities to invest in skills, and you'll find a few quests on the way as well. Ironpool dam can wait until later, when you're a bit stronger.
Re: Progression question
Ah, yes, that sounds like a good plan! I was a bit afraid of venturing north, thought I was a bit unskilled for such a journey. But I will try and see how it goes.
Don't worry, I love snooping around... exploring is my main thing in roleplaying games
Need to invest more in my cartography skill... my maps are sad to look out 
Thanks for the answer!
Don't worry, I love snooping around... exploring is my main thing in roleplaying games
Thanks for the answer!
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Progression question
Port K is a good place to improve your cartography at the cost of gold rather than precious skill points.Nidaros wrote:Ah, yes, that sounds like a good plan! I was a bit afraid of venturing north, thought I was a bit unskilled for such a journey. But I will try and see how it goes.
Don't worry, I love snooping around... exploring is my main thing in roleplaying gamesNeed to invest more in my cartography skill... my maps are sad to look out
Thanks for the answer!
In addition, there are lots of bands of Outlanders who will gladly die for your experience just off the road.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: Progression question
The other early quest is delivering a letter to a town resident's brother. He is on the map east of Eastwillow. Also, have you wandered SE of the town? There is a man who needs something delivered to Port K. The XPs from those quests would help make you strong enough to make the trek north.....
Re: Progression question
I didn't even know it was possible to get one of those in-game, so I snuck in through the sewers. Only once I got to Raven's Gate did I find out that Citizen Writs are obtainable.KillingMoon wrote:To gain entrance to Port Kuudad you'll need a copy of a certain document (although there are some other ways), so you'll need to snoop around a bit to find one.
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Progression question
Not unobtainable. Just unpurchasable. There are a total of 4 in game. My first time through the game, I went backwards and found my way into Port K through the sewers before I'd gone to talk to Uncle Minus or found Everdale or Wolfenwood.Vroqren wrote:I didn't even know it was possible to get one of those in-game, so I snuck in through the sewers. Only once I got to Raven's Gate did I find out that Citizen Writs are obtainable.KillingMoon wrote:To gain entrance to Port Kuudad you'll need a copy of a certain document (although there are some other ways), so you'll need to snoop around a bit to find one.
Also, you can get into Port K through the front gate without one but it's expensive.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.