Just this one or both games?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
Zanza
Pledge
Posts: 1
Joined: February 12th, 2011, 11:49 am

Just this one or both games?

Post by Zanza »

Hi all.

Since Eschalon Book I and II are on sale at impulsedriven.com right now, i wonder which one i should get. Book II (7 Euro) or Book I (5 Euro) too?

If i look at the features of both, it seems that Book II is the much longer and better game.
But is Book I worth it too?
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Just this one or both games?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Both are terrific games. Book I has a more open story (several ways that reach the end), Book II has a more evolved interface (though there's always argument over whether some of the changes were improvements or not). Both are actually about the same playing time. Maybe a little more for Book II with the added dungeon in the 1.05 Expansion. Book II also has a higher resolution, so it looks a bit crisper, but both are terrific.

If the 12 Euro aren't a problem for you, I'd recommend you get both.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
geishaboy
Marshall
Posts: 112
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: Just this one or both games?

Post by geishaboy »

I would recommend getting them both, too. But if you only want to buy one right now, go for Book I. Trust me, by the time you've finished it you will want to get Book II anyway
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: Just this one or both games?

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'd suggest starting with Book II, personally. With the higher resolution and slightly less steep learning curve, it's probably easier to get into. If you beat it and want to move on to Book I, you'll have no trouble.

I could see people getting frustrated with the beginning of Book I and giving up, and we don't want that.
Post Reply