Page 1 of 1

No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 18th, 2010, 11:08 pm
by MyGameCompany
I finally got my Rogue leveled up enough to venture into Fathamurk, and I finished it tonight. I left a lot of valuable but heavy goodies in there that I couldn't carry. I'd like to go back and get them, but gate is still closed and the teleporter doesn't take me back. Is there no way to get back into Fathamurk?? :(

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 1:12 am
by MyGameCompany
Hello...?

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 9:42 am
by BasiliskWrangler
That is correct- Fathamurk is a one-time trip. I thought about it a lot- whether I should allow players to revisit the area after they clear it out, and ultimately I decided against it.

If you have a saved position back in Fathamurk, just reload and dump anything in your inventory that is replacable, then haul out everything you can! :D

Or, if you really must, use a saved-game editor and move yourself past the fallen portcullis near the start of Fathamurk.

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 12:29 pm
by MyGameCompany
Bummer! :(

Thanks for the reply BW! Next time I'll have to carry a couple of rings of strength in there with me... and maybe a few potions of Ogre Strength!

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 1:00 pm
by Randomizer
It still won't help. Most of the loot I found were really heavy greaves and some weapons that I will have trouble selling.

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 5:43 pm
by Painted Lady
I actually thought about whether coming back to collect loot was going to work while I was in the cave. It sort of seemed that there was way too much valuable stuff lying around for a do-over to be allowed.

So, of course, even though I suspected no re-entry, I stashed the best stuff when I was hauling dynamite kegs over to the golem's area. And, even better, I forgot to go back and get the stuff before I exited. I just hate doing stupid things like that :cry:

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 8:18 pm
by SpottedShroom
I was actually a bit disappointed with the loot in Fathamurk. True, all my run-throughs so far have been with end of the game characters, usually recalled from Tallushorn, but the loot was nothing special. I don't think I found a single thing better than what I was already using, and although there was way more than I could carry, I just optimized for value per pound.

I could see it being more of an issue if you do Fathamurk at lower level when the loot matters more.

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 20th, 2010, 9:21 pm
by MyGameCompany
As a Ranger/Rogue, I tend to stick to the lightweight armor so it doesn't weigh me down. I was delighted to find a number of pieces that were high armor value and lightweight. Maybe I just got lucky with the random treasure generation. Of course, I also found a number of 20+ pound pieces that I just couldn't carry.

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 21st, 2010, 3:38 pm
by Dragonlady
MyGameCompany wrote:As a Ranger/Rogue, I tend to stick to the lightweight armor so it doesn't weigh me down. I was delighted to find a number of pieces that were high armor value and lightweight. Maybe I just got lucky with the random treasure generation. Of course, I also found a number of 20+ pound pieces that I just couldn't carry.
Same here. And I forgot about Ogre Strength! Grrr, slaps forehead. :(

Re: No way to revisit Fathamurk?

Posted: November 21st, 2010, 8:29 pm
by MyGameCompany
Dragonlady wrote:Same here. And I forgot about Ogre Strength! Grrr, slaps forehead. :(
You're not the only one! heh