Page 1 of 1

Unlimited skill points

Posted: November 19th, 2007, 10:39 am
by Per
Hi!

I've now been playing the demo for a while now, using Wine under Linux. I just stumbled upon a bug when creating a new character.

[Removed]

But good job on the game! As soon as the Linux version is out I'm going to buy this game, if not sooner. Even though I'm playing it through Wine it's really smooth gameplay, and everything works except for the start screen. When I start the game I only get a blank window, but I can continue to start the game by clicking on the lower end of the window. This isn't really a problem though, since you will release a native Linux client.

By the way, will there be a 64 bit version, or will you only release a 32 bit version? I'm using Arch64, which is 64 bit. I can run most 32 bit application anyway, but a 64 bit version would be nice anyway.

Posted: November 19th, 2007, 10:45 am
by BasiliskWrangler
This really isn't a bug...if you try to exit the Character Editor the game will catch this and tell you to give one point back to the system. :wink:

Linux version is coming very soon, but the compiler we use is 32-bit only. I will gladly make a 64-bit version if the compiler supports it in the future.

Posted: November 19th, 2007, 11:12 am
by Per
BasiliskWrangler wrote:This really isn't a bug...if you try to exit the Character Editor the game will catch this and tell you to give one point back to the system. :wink:
Well, here's a screenshot of my rather skilled healer:
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/upload ... 2f7ed8.jpg

Posted: November 19th, 2007, 11:14 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Ouch! We'll get right on it.

Posted: November 19th, 2007, 11:21 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Okay, I removed Per's instructions on how to get unlimited skill points because it may ruin the game for some people. I don't want people to think I am censoring the forums because that is not my intention- I am just trying to preserve the enjoyment of the game.

If everyone wants the instructions on this exploit, I will re-post them but I truly hope people don't use them to make god-like characters and ruin the game. It makes the last 2.5 years of work seem rather pointless if people can just power through the game in a few hours on a god character.

We will fix this in the first patch.

Posted: November 19th, 2007, 4:55 pm
by PhilosophiX
I'm glad you removed it. That would have been tempting... however it's more fun to play it the way it's intended.

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 3:16 am
by Azael
Just out of interest, it could be fun to know how he did this. Personally, I find exploits like that interesting. I wouldn't use it to create any kind of "god", just as a way to try out skills I haven't really used yet, while finishing the game first with my original character. If you don't want to tempt people by posting it in the forums, feel free to PM me, or don't. :)

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 8:24 pm
by dagoo7
I also would not mind knowing either. Once again, purely from a testiing perspective.

Edit: Never mind figured it out ...