Page 1 of 1

Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: October 29th, 2010, 10:58 pm
by javamahnn
I finished the game but want to go back and finish some of the side quests etc. I loaded a save from the 3rd level before finishing the end boss and i can't seem to get off the island. I am back at the ship that took me to the island.. no quicktravel links work ( all too far it says) .... any ideas? do i have to go back to a game before the island?

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: October 29th, 2010, 11:34 pm
by javamahnn
That worked, thanks. I guess i panicked a bit too early !

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: October 30th, 2010, 10:34 am
by SpottedShroom
Also, getting to and from Picaroon island is an excellent use of the Portal spell.

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: October 30th, 2010, 10:41 am
by Painted Lady
Spotted Shroom is right about the many wonderful uses of the Portal Spell. However, the first time I tried to use it to get off of Pickaroon Island I discovered that it will only take you a finite distance.

Trying to get to a portal in Eastwillow won't work. I haven't done extensive testing with the spell, but you should probably play it safe and set a portal in Edon if you want to hop back and forth.

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: October 30th, 2010, 11:29 am
by SpottedShroom
Painted Lady wrote:Trying to get to a portal in Eastwillow won't work. I haven't done extensive testing with the spell, but you should probably play it safe and set a portal in Edon if you want to hop back and forth.
I've never had that problem - I can portal from Picaroon to any map that doesn't disallow Portal in general, including Eastwillow.

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: October 30th, 2010, 3:26 pm
by Dragonlady
SpottedShroom wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:Trying to get to a portal in Eastwillow won't work. I haven't done extensive testing with the spell, but you should probably play it safe and set a portal in Edon if you want to hop back and forth.
I've never had that problem - I can portal from Picaroon to any map that doesn't disallow Portal in general, including Eastwillow.
Neither have I. I ported to my 'home' all the time to refresh potion ingredients I left in my chests. It's 'Quick Travel' that you can't go very far and have to click, click, click to get to where you want from the Island.

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: November 1st, 2010, 9:25 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
Painted Lady wrote:Spotted Shroom is right about the many wonderful uses of the Portal Spell. However, the first time I tried to use it to get off of Pickaroon Island I discovered that it will only take you a finite distance.

Trying to get to a portal in Eastwillow won't work. I haven't done extensive testing with the spell, but you should probably play it safe and set a portal in Edon if you want to hop back and forth.
You may be thinking of quick travel. You cannot quick travel from Picaroon to anywhere but Talushorn, and there are other places where it is "too far" to quick travel between like Durnore and Kuudad.

Re: Is it possible to get off Picaroon island?

Posted: November 1st, 2010, 4:26 pm
by Dragonlady
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:Spotted Shroom is right about the many wonderful uses of the Portal Spell. However, the first time I tried to use it to get off of Pickaroon Island I discovered that it will only take you a finite distance.

Trying to get to a portal in Eastwillow won't work. I haven't done extensive testing with the spell, but you should probably play it safe and set a portal in Edon if you want to hop back and forth.
You may be thinking of quick travel. You cannot quick travel from Picaroon to anywhere but Talushorn, and there are other places where it is "too far" to quick travel between like Durnore and Kuudad.
I've been able to Quick Travel to Edon and Raven's Gate from the island. Yes, everywhere else is too far. I go to Edon, then to home or to Raven's Gate and anywhere else. I don't remember which version I'm playing with though when I did that.

But once I had "Portal" spell I just popped around with ease. :)