BasiliskWrangler wrote:Golem is injured by Keg blasts. Not sure why you wouldn't be seeing this.
Yeah, that's actually the only way I found for my character to kill the thing, in fact. I went in there with a mage build
quite early (level 7 or 8 or so), though I had been "exploiting" what I knew about trainers and books and the like to pump up my stats quite a bit (and stocking up on good items from stores, via some level-14 Foraging camps), and my best offensive spell was either a level 4 or level 5 Compress Atmosphere. That would steadily and slowly lower the Golem's HP so long as I was casting it near-constantly, but I didn't have enough Mana Potions (or Fortify Mana) with me to bring him down much more than to maybe 2/3rds health before I had to stop to regen mana, at which point all that work went away. :)
So anyway, cue some back-and-forth to lug kegs around and I had him trapped around eight or nine kegs (with a few ancillary kegs further away), and setting
those off, plus three or four more Compress Atmospheres finally finished him off.
(I've been kind of dying to tell that story actually; it's probably one of my favorite moments from the whole Eschalon series.)
I was rather pumped by it, since I had been thinking that I might have to abandon that line of saves and re-do the entire Fathamurk series with a higher-level character later in the game (I very nearly had to do the same after the first Scarlet Death spawn; the only thing that saved me was having a single Demon Oil left, to block the route behind me while I went off a side-passage to open the gate). Likewise, the Assasin Stalks nearly did me in because I didn't have Dense Nimbus yet, and could only withstand a few hits before dying.
Man, I want to run through there again. :)
SpottedShroom wrote:Oh, and another potential bug: if you partially obstruct the golem's path to you with powder kegs, it'll walk up to them and then stand motionless while you wail on it with ranged attacks
You can actually do that with other larger enemies too, or really
any enemies, though you generally need to make very careful use of Haste in order to do it. Anyway, it's certainly possible to trap, say, Ghorr that way.
blackwight wrote:(1) The music was missing from Port Kuudad.
I hadn't noticed that, and I doublechecked just now and the music plays just fine for me in there.
Hadn't noticed your other reports either, though I've only killed a couple of Shadow Assassins; I'll have to keep an eye on it later in the game.