Page 1 of 1
Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: August 31st, 2010, 9:56 pm
by RipTheJacker
So, I have head that Book 2 is pretty behind with the updates on Steam... I also hear that it is really buggy, sitting at patch 1.03. Is this true? Should I hold off from buying it on Steam for another week or two? Anyway, I am interested to find out.
Thanks
-Rip

Re: Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: August 31st, 2010, 10:50 pm
by Randomizer
Just keep sending emails to Steam telling them to update their version. 1.04 has been out long enough for them to have updated to at least an earlier test version.
Re: Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: August 31st, 2010, 11:28 pm
by IJBall
Randomizer wrote:Just keep sending emails to Steam telling them to update their version. 1.04 has been out long enough for them to have updated to at least an earlier test version.
Hey, if BW is getting close to releasing the Add-On/v1.05, maybe the Steam people should hold off requesting the update for now? (Maybe?)...
Re: Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: August 31st, 2010, 11:41 pm
by Randomizer
BW still hasn't started beta testing for the 1.05 add on. However he has lots of characters to test it himself.
The original schedule was August, but that was before he took a trip and then had surgery. So the release is probably now late September.
Re: Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: September 1st, 2010, 12:34 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Randomizer wrote:BW still hasn't started beta testing for the 1.05 add on. However he has lots of characters to test it himself.
The original schedule was August, but that was before he took a trip and then had surgery. So the release is probably now late September.
Yeah, things are a bit behind here, as usual!

The surgery certainly didn't help.
I've been pushing through the giant list of fixes that IJBall has compiled for me, which is taking longer than expected. A few nasty bugs took the better part of a week to hunt down and fix. And of course I still do most of my own administration work (emails, dig up lost reg codes, send new download links, etc.) so some production days get lost to administration tasks.
So yes, probably late September before we roll with the add-on, but it is on the way!
Re: Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: September 1st, 2010, 6:56 am
by RipTheJacker
Wow. Its nice to see a site admin, and other higher ranking site-people responded so quickly. Buggy or not, the game looks great, and the competent user community has got you guys another 26 bucks.
-Rip-

Re: Book 2 INFURIATINGLY buggy on Steam??
Posted: September 1st, 2010, 11:26 am
by IJBall
BasiliskWrangler wrote:I've been pushing through the giant list of fixes that IJBall has compiled for me, which is taking longer than expected. A few nasty bugs took the better part of a week to hunt down and fix.
I know it's probably a pain on your end, but if you ever feel like posting up a progress report on that, I can either trim completed fixes from the list (or, perhaps more likely, start up a new thread with a truncated list of remaining 'bug' issues) so we all know what's left (and what we can "test" for when the 'Beta' is released!

).
BasiliskWrangler wrote:And of course I still do most of my own administration work (emails, dig up lost reg codes, send new download links, etc.) so some production days get lost to administration tasks.
I don't know what your margins are, but is there any chance you could hire a part-time assistant to do that stuff? (maybe a mid-school college Comp. Sci. major or something?) It sure would be nice to get yourself an assistant to deal with stuff like that...
