Page 1 of 1

Food Value (spoilers, I guess)

Posted: August 19th, 2010, 10:25 am
by xolotl
So once I make my way through Farrock Caverns, I tend to spend most of the rest of the game lugging around Meaty Spider Legs becaue they pack so much food value into one container. For characters who don't have a lot of strength, though, they can be pretty heavy, and I got to wondering how "good" they actually were, on a per-pound basis.

Long story short, it turns out that they're actually not very good at all. On a nutrition-per-pound basis, the ranking goes like this (from best to worst)
  • Salted Fish
  • Dried Meat
  • Bread
  • Biscuit Ration
  • Apple
  • Yambi Berries
  • Steak
  • Rat Meat
  • Bittercup Seeds
  • Meat Scraps
  • Wild Potato
  • Cabbage
  • Meaty Spider Legs
That's right: dead last, at least in terms of nutrition-per-pound. Cabbage is more worth your while.

And since I was at it, I ran the numbers on nutrition-per-dollar as well, in case you're buying food. Again, from best to worst:
  • Salted Fish
  • Yambi Berries
  • Wild Potato
  • Bread
  • Rat Meat
  • Cabbage
  • Apple
  • Biscuit Ration
  • Steak
  • Bittercup Seeds
  • Dried Meat
  • Meaty Spider Legs
  • Meat Scraps
Anyway, I guess there's a reason spider legs haven't found their way into more regional diets.

Re: Food Value (spoilers, I guess)

Posted: August 19th, 2010, 10:37 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
A major reason why I usually sell them. I've never had a food problem in the game, so I usually sell off the heavy/valuable stuff and stick with dried fish, apples, and rat meat most of the game.